Re: Over Due Update

  • bertojg
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 9, 2013
      Bruce,

      Any word from the build house?

      Robert
      K5DTE

      --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "bruce.given" <bruce.given@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Wanted to give everybody a quick update
      > I got the boards back on Friday they look great !
      > ........ BUT yes their is always a BUT :-(
      > It appears that my contract Manufacturer has inverted the Power/ Activity LED so they are going back for re-work !
      > they are quoting me approx a week to do this
      >
      > Sorry about that just wanted everybody to know what was going on
      >
      > any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at Bruce.given@...
      >

      > Kindest regards
      > Bruce Given
      > VE2GZI
      > --
      > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of unthinking consumers.

    • Bruce Given
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 9, 2013
        Hi Robert,
        Funny you should email me , I got them back Thursday and have just finished testing and loading software on them
        I had you down for One Board and One Case correct ?

        The 6 pin cables that I got are useless they have 2 pins missing like Most PS/2 cables so I am not including any cables with this run

        board+Case $106USD + Canada Post + USPS delivery to most USA locations is approx $16.50 typically 4-6 working days
        and is insured for $100

        $106+$16.50 = $122.50 USD

        I take payment by Paypal , Once I have shipped the Box+Case I will send you a paypal invoice which you can pay

        Let me know how you want to proceed

        Kindest regards
        Bruce Given
        VE2GZI

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013
          Responding directly...

          Robert

          --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Given <bruce.given@...> wrote:

          > Hi Robert,
          > Funny you should email me , I got them back Thursday and have just finished
          > testing and loading software on them
          > I had you down for One Board and One Case correct ?
          >
          > The 6 pin cables that I got are useless they have 2 pins missing like Most
          > PS/2 cables so I am not including any cables with this run
          >
          > board+Case $106USD + Canada Post + USPS delivery to most USA locations is
          > approx $16.50 typically 4-6 working days
          > and is insured for $100
          >
          > $106+$16.50 = $122.50 USD
          >
          > I take payment by Paypal , Once I have shipped the Box+Case I will send you
          > a paypal invoice which you can pay
          >
          > Let me know how you want to proceed
          >
          > Kindest regards
          > Bruce Given
          > VE2GZI
          >
          > On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM, bertojg <me@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Bruce,
          > >
          > > Any word from the build house?
          > >
          > > Robert
          > > K5DTE
          > >

          > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "bruce.given" <bruce.given@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hello,
          > > >
          > > > Wanted to give everybody a quick update
          > > > I got the boards back on Friday they look great !
          > > > ........ BUT yes their is always a BUT :-(
          > > > It appears that my contract Manufacturer has inverted the Power/
          > > Activity LED so they are going back for re-work !
          > > > they are quoting me approx a week to do this
          > > >
          > > > Sorry about that just wanted everybody to know what was going on
          > > >
          > > > any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at Bruce.given@
          > >

          > > > Kindest regards
          > > > Bruce Given
          > > > VE2GZI
          > > > --
          > > > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of
          > > unthinking consumers.
          > > >

          > --
          > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of
          > unthinking consumers.

        • bertojg
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013
            Bruce,

            Do you, or anybody else, have a suggested source for the cables?

          • Brian Frobisher
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013

              www.monoprice.com

              Super easy prices and they don’t rip you off on shipping small orders

              WA6JFK

              Do you, or anybody else, have a suggested source for the cables?

              Robert
              K5DTE

              --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Given <bruce.given@...> wrote:

              > Hi Robert,
              > Funny you should email me , I got them back Thursday and have just
              finished
              > testing and loading software on them
              > I had you down for One Board and One Case correct ?
              >
              > The 6 pin cables that I got are useless they have 2 pins missing like Most
              > PS/2 cables so I am not including any cables with this run
              >
              > board+Case $106USD + Canada Post + USPS delivery to most
              w:st="on"> USA locations is
              > approx $16.50 typically 4-6 working days
              > and is insured for $100
              >
              > $106+$16.50 = $122.50 USD
              >
              > I take payment by Paypal , Once I have shipped the Box+Case I will send
              you
              > a paypal invoice which you can pay
              >
              > Let me know how you want to proceed
              >
              > Kindest regards
              > Bruce Given
              > VE2GZI
              >
              > On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM, bertojg <me@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Bruce,
              > >
              > > Any word from the build house?
              > >
              > > Robert
              > > K5DTE
              > >

              > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com,
              "bruce.given" <bruce.given@> wrote:

              > > > Hello,
              > > >
              > > > Wanted to give everybody a quick update
              > > > I got the boards back on Friday they look great !
              > > > ........ BUT yes their is always a BUT :-(
              > > > It appears that my contract Manufacturer has inverted the Power/
              > > Activity LED so they are going back for re-work !
              > > > they are quoting me approx a week to do this
              > > >
              > > > Sorry about that just wanted everybody to know what was going on
              > > >
              > > > any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at
              Bruce.given@

              > > > Kindest regards
              > > > Bruce Given
              > > > VE2GZI
              > > > --
              > > > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one
              full of
              > > unthinking consumers.
              > > >

              > --
              > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of
              > unthinking consumers.

            • bertojg
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013
                Thanks Brian,

                Monoprice is evil. I go there for one thing and $60 later... lol

                Robert
                K5DTE

                --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Frobisher" <froby@...> wrote:

                > www.monoprice.com
                >

                > Super easy prices and they don't rip you off on shipping small orders
                >

                > WA6JFK
                >

                > _____

              • vk7yxx
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013
                  That's great news Bruce. It's good to see things coming together. I look forward to an expansion of the D-Star user/repeater base following the reintroduction of a cost effective solution, even more so once the AMBE boards are available again.