Re: [DVRPTR_V1] Over Due Update

  • Matthew Pitts
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2013
      Bruce,

      As they say, if it's not one thing, it's another. I had something similar happen to me a week or two ago, but it's all straightened out now.

      Matthew Pitts
      N8OHU

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 9, 2013
        Bruce,

        Any word from the build house?

        Robert
        K5DTE

        --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "bruce.given" <bruce.given@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Wanted to give everybody a quick update
        > I got the boards back on Friday they look great !
        > ........ BUT yes their is always a BUT :-(
        > It appears that my contract Manufacturer has inverted the Power/ Activity LED so they are going back for re-work !
        > they are quoting me approx a week to do this
        >
        > Sorry about that just wanted everybody to know what was going on
        >
        > any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at Bruce.given@...
        >

        > Kindest regards
        > Bruce Given
        > VE2GZI
        > --
        > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of unthinking consumers.

      • Bruce Given
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 9, 2013
          Hi Robert,
          Funny you should email me , I got them back Thursday and have just finished testing and loading software on them
          I had you down for One Board and One Case correct ?

          The 6 pin cables that I got are useless they have 2 pins missing like Most PS/2 cables so I am not including any cables with this run

          board+Case $106USD + Canada Post + USPS delivery to most USA locations is approx $16.50 typically 4-6 working days
          and is insured for $100

          $106+$16.50 = $122.50 USD

          I take payment by Paypal , Once I have shipped the Box+Case I will send you a paypal invoice which you can pay

          Let me know how you want to proceed

          Kindest regards
          Bruce Given
          VE2GZI

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013
            Responding directly...

            Robert

            --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Given <bruce.given@...> wrote:

            > Hi Robert,
            > Funny you should email me , I got them back Thursday and have just finished
            > testing and loading software on them
            > I had you down for One Board and One Case correct ?
            >
            > The 6 pin cables that I got are useless they have 2 pins missing like Most
            > PS/2 cables so I am not including any cables with this run
            >
            > board+Case $106USD + Canada Post + USPS delivery to most USA locations is
            > approx $16.50 typically 4-6 working days
            > and is insured for $100
            >
            > $106+$16.50 = $122.50 USD
            >
            > I take payment by Paypal , Once I have shipped the Box+Case I will send you
            > a paypal invoice which you can pay
            >
            > Let me know how you want to proceed
            >
            > Kindest regards
            > Bruce Given
            > VE2GZI
            >
            > On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM, bertojg <me@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Bruce,
            > >
            > > Any word from the build house?
            > >
            > > Robert
            > > K5DTE
            > >

            > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "bruce.given" <bruce.given@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello,
            > > >
            > > > Wanted to give everybody a quick update
            > > > I got the boards back on Friday they look great !
            > > > ........ BUT yes their is always a BUT :-(
            > > > It appears that my contract Manufacturer has inverted the Power/
            > > Activity LED so they are going back for re-work !
            > > > they are quoting me approx a week to do this
            > > >
            > > > Sorry about that just wanted everybody to know what was going on
            > > >
            > > > any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at Bruce.given@
            > >

            > > > Kindest regards
            > > > Bruce Given
            > > > VE2GZI
            > > > --
            > > > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of
            > > unthinking consumers.
            > > >

            > --
            > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of
            > unthinking consumers.

          • bertojg
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013
              Bruce,

              Do you, or anybody else, have a suggested source for the cables?

            • Brian Frobisher
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013

                www.monoprice.com

                Super easy prices and they don’t rip you off on shipping small orders

                WA6JFK

                Do you, or anybody else, have a suggested source for the cables?

                Robert
                K5DTE

                --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Given <bruce.given@...> wrote:

                > Hi Robert,
                > Funny you should email me , I got them back Thursday and have just
                finished
                > testing and loading software on them
                > I had you down for One Board and One Case correct ?
                >
                > The 6 pin cables that I got are useless they have 2 pins missing like Most
                > PS/2 cables so I am not including any cables with this run
                >
                > board+Case $106USD + Canada Post + USPS delivery to most
                w:st="on"> USA locations is
                > approx $16.50 typically 4-6 working days
                > and is insured for $100
                >
                > $106+$16.50 = $122.50 USD
                >
                > I take payment by Paypal , Once I have shipped the Box+Case I will send
                you
                > a paypal invoice which you can pay
                >
                > Let me know how you want to proceed
                >
                > Kindest regards
                > Bruce Given
                > VE2GZI
                >
                > On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM, bertojg <me@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > Bruce,
                > >
                > > Any word from the build house?
                > >
                > > Robert
                > > K5DTE
                > >

                > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com,
                "bruce.given" <bruce.given@> wrote:

                > > > Hello,
                > > >
                > > > Wanted to give everybody a quick update
                > > > I got the boards back on Friday they look great !
                > > > ........ BUT yes their is always a BUT :-(
                > > > It appears that my contract Manufacturer has inverted the Power/
                > > Activity LED so they are going back for re-work !
                > > > they are quoting me approx a week to do this
                > > >
                > > > Sorry about that just wanted everybody to know what was going on
                > > >
                > > > any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at
                Bruce.given@

                > > > Kindest regards
                > > > Bruce Given
                > > > VE2GZI
                > > > --
                > > > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one
                full of
                > > unthinking consumers.
                > > >

                > --
                > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of
                > unthinking consumers.

              • bertojg
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013
                  Thanks Brian,

                  Monoprice is evil. I go there for one thing and $60 later... lol

                  Robert
                  K5DTE

                  --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Frobisher" <froby@...> wrote:

                  > www.monoprice.com
                  >

                  > Super easy prices and they don't rip you off on shipping small orders
                  >

                  > WA6JFK
                  >

                  > _____

                • vk7yxx
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013
                    That's great news Bruce. It's good to see things coming together. I look forward to an expansion of the D-Star user/repeater base following the reintroduction of a cost effective solution, even more so once the AMBE boards are available again.