Over Due Update

  • bruce.given
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2 3:55 PM
      Hello,

      Wanted to give everybody a quick update
      I got the boards back on Friday they look great !
      ........ BUT yes their is always a BUT :-(
      It appears that my contract Manufacturer has inverted the Power/ Activity LED so they are going back for re-work !
      they are quoting me approx a week to do this

      Sorry about that just wanted everybody to know what was going on

      any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at Bruce.given@...

      Kindest regards
      Bruce Given
      I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of unthinking consumers.
    • Matthew Pitts
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2 3:59 PM
        Bruce,

        As they say, if it's not one thing, it's another. I had something similar happen to me a week or two ago, but it's all straightened out now.

        Matthew Pitts
        N8OHU

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 9 8:30 PM
          Bruce,

          Any word from the build house?

          Robert
          K5DTE

          --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "bruce.given" <bruce.given@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > Wanted to give everybody a quick update
          > I got the boards back on Friday they look great !
          > ........ BUT yes their is always a BUT :-(
          > It appears that my contract Manufacturer has inverted the Power/ Activity LED so they are going back for re-work !
          > they are quoting me approx a week to do this
          >
          > Sorry about that just wanted everybody to know what was going on
          >
          > any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at Bruce.given@...
          >

          > Kindest regards
          > Bruce Given
          > VE2GZI
          > --
          > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of unthinking consumers.

        • Bruce Given
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 9 8:52 PM
            Hi Robert,
            Funny you should email me , I got them back Thursday and have just finished testing and loading software on them
            I had you down for One Board and One Case correct ?

            The 6 pin cables that I got are useless they have 2 pins missing like Most PS/2 cables so I am not including any cables with this run

            board+Case $106USD + Canada Post + USPS delivery to most USA locations is approx $16.50 typically 4-6 working days
            and is insured for $100

            $106+$16.50 = $122.50 USD

            I take payment by Paypal , Once I have shipped the Box+Case I will send you a paypal invoice which you can pay

            Let me know how you want to proceed

            Kindest regards
            Bruce Given
            VE2GZI

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 10 10:03 AM
              Responding directly...

              Robert

              --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Given <bruce.given@...> wrote:

              > Hi Robert,
              > Funny you should email me , I got them back Thursday and have just finished
              > testing and loading software on them
              > I had you down for One Board and One Case correct ?
              >
              > The 6 pin cables that I got are useless they have 2 pins missing like Most
              > PS/2 cables so I am not including any cables with this run
              >
              > board+Case $106USD + Canada Post + USPS delivery to most USA locations is
              > approx $16.50 typically 4-6 working days
              > and is insured for $100
              >
              > $106+$16.50 = $122.50 USD
              >
              > I take payment by Paypal , Once I have shipped the Box+Case I will send you
              > a paypal invoice which you can pay
              >
              > Let me know how you want to proceed
              >
              > Kindest regards
              > Bruce Given
              > VE2GZI
              >
              > On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM, bertojg <me@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Bruce,
              > >
              > > Any word from the build house?
              > >
              > > Robert
              > > K5DTE
              > >

              > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "bruce.given" <bruce.given@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hello,
              > > >
              > > > Wanted to give everybody a quick update
              > > > I got the boards back on Friday they look great !
              > > > ........ BUT yes their is always a BUT :-(
              > > > It appears that my contract Manufacturer has inverted the Power/
              > > Activity LED so they are going back for re-work !
              > > > they are quoting me approx a week to do this
              > > >
              > > > Sorry about that just wanted everybody to know what was going on
              > > >
              > > > any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at Bruce.given@
              > >

              > > > Kindest regards
              > > > Bruce Given
              > > > VE2GZI
              > > > --
              > > > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of
              > > unthinking consumers.
              > > >

              > --
              > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of
              > unthinking consumers.

            • bertojg
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 10 10:11 AM
                Bruce,

                Do you, or anybody else, have a suggested source for the cables?

              • Brian Frobisher
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 10 10:29 AM

                  www.monoprice.com

                  Super easy prices and they don’t rip you off on shipping small orders

                  WA6JFK

                  Do you, or anybody else, have a suggested source for the cables?

                  Robert
                  K5DTE

                  --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Given <bruce.given@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Robert,
                  > Funny you should email me , I got them back Thursday and have just
                  finished
                  > testing and loading software on them
                  > I had you down for One Board and One Case correct ?
                  >
                  > The 6 pin cables that I got are useless they have 2 pins missing like Most
                  > PS/2 cables so I am not including any cables with this run
                  >
                  > board+Case $106USD + Canada Post + USPS delivery to most
                  w:st="on"> USA locations is
                  > approx $16.50 typically 4-6 working days
                  > and is insured for $100
                  >
                  > $106+$16.50 = $122.50 USD
                  >
                  > I take payment by Paypal , Once I have shipped the Box+Case I will send
                  you
                  > a paypal invoice which you can pay
                  >
                  > Let me know how you want to proceed
                  >
                  > Kindest regards
                  > Bruce Given
                  > VE2GZI
                  >
                  > On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM, bertojg <me@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > Bruce,
                  > >
                  > > Any word from the build house?
                  > >
                  > > Robert
                  > > K5DTE
                  > >

                  > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com,
                  "bruce.given" <bruce.given@> wrote:

                  > > > Hello,
                  > > >
                  > > > Wanted to give everybody a quick update
                  > > > I got the boards back on Friday they look great !
                  > > > ........ BUT yes their is always a BUT :-(
                  > > > It appears that my contract Manufacturer has inverted the Power/
                  > > Activity LED so they are going back for re-work !
                  > > > they are quoting me approx a week to do this
                  > > >
                  > > > Sorry about that just wanted everybody to know what was going on
                  > > >
                  > > > any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at
                  Bruce.given@

                  > > > Kindest regards
                  > > > Bruce Given
                  > > > VE2GZI
                  > > > --
                  > > > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one
                  full of
                  > > unthinking consumers.
                  > > >

                  > --
                  > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of
                  > unthinking consumers.

                • bertojg
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 10 10:51 AM
                    Thanks Brian,

                    Monoprice is evil. I go there for one thing and $60 later... lol

                    Robert
                    K5DTE

                    --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Frobisher" <froby@...> wrote:

                    > www.monoprice.com
                    >

                    > Super easy prices and they don't rip you off on shipping small orders
                    >

                    > WA6JFK
                    >

                    > _____

                  • vk7yxx
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 10 11:01 PM
                      That's great news Bruce. It's good to see things coming together. I look forward to an expansion of the D-Star user/repeater base following the reintroduction of a cost effective solution, even more so once the AMBE boards are available again.