Re: Dvrptr version 1

  • Stefan
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 26, 2013
      HI

      CC 4791 only work with xdvrptr v1.24 -
      as written from Kurt in his short description ...

      Any other combination will result in have problems cause of protocol differences in DCS and CCS traffic ...

      DPlus stays as it stay, no more work will be done on that...

      kindly regards from bavaria Andechs
      Stefan dk6px

      --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "alanm0aqc@..." <alanm0aqc@...> wrote:

      > Hi guys
      >
      > I am having an ongoing connection problem to REF'S, XRF'S and dplus
      > repeaters, dcs reflectors are hit n miss, sometimes I can connect sometimes
      > I cannot. This is using the modem with ambe as a dongle.
      >
      > The other thing is if I try to configure jonathans repeater software to the
      > version 1 dvrptr modem it will only work if I select version 2?.
      >
      > I am wondering if I have flashed the EPROM with the wrong version firmware.
      >
      > My firmware shows.....XDVRPTR DV 1.04.... Control center version is 2.0 4791
      > 237 (12.02.2013)
      >
      > Am I using the correct version firmware?, and why does jonathans software
      > only see it as a version 2 board?.
      >
      > Can anyone advise.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Alan

    • repeater.group
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 15, 2013
        Bruce

        I see you have posted a few pics of the new AMBE 2020 board to the group folders.....

        When will they be, or are they available at pesent? and at what cost ?
        and what mic. have you set the connector up for ?

        A. DNS.
      • bruce.given
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 15, 2013
          --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "repeater.group" <m1dns.gb3hb@...> wrote:

          > Bruce
          >
          > I see you have posted a few pics of the new AMBE 2020 board to the group folders.....
          >
          > When will they be, or are they available at pesent? and at what cost ?
          > and what mic. have you set the connector up for ?
          >
          > A. DNS.

          Hi
          we are in the last stages of finalizing the design and doing a costing
          so we will be able to answer these questions very shortly !

          We think that you will be pleasantly surprised on the cost

          I will let Jan comment on the connectors.

          Kindest regards
          Bruce
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 15, 2013
            Hi volks,

            --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "repeater.group" <m1dns.gb3hb@...> > I see you have posted a few pics of the new AMBE 2020 board to the group folders.....
            When will they be, or are they available at pesent? and at what cost ?
            and what mic. have you set the connector up for ?
            ---

            Availability: I can't say much to this... I plan to finish the hardware as fast as possible. A 2nd / final board I will order after finishing a few tests next week.

            Microphone:
            Yaesu A8J modular connector. Usable are MH-31A8J (dynamic), MH-59A8J and compatible. All buttons on MH-31 are usable (Up/Down -> volume, Fast). On MH-59 I prepared it for the serial communication, but till today I don't found the protocol specification or message dumps (FT-857/897). If I got such information I will put it into my firmware.

            Loudspeaker 3.5mm 3pin:
            Down to 4 Ohm (differential PWM output).

            Headset 2.5mm 3pin:
            Earphone part >= 16 Ohms, integrated PTT is usable with new firmware.

            Negative:
            Headset and speaker connector have a distance of 8.5mm. You can't plug 2 "thick" jacks at the same time (10mm needed).

            Display:
            I will add support for an standard text LCD with buttons. A 4pin modular jack contains 5V and I²C for such devices... For developers it's easy to support other I²C solutions...

            Compatibility:
            Works with current firmware (normal mic PTT only). Up/Down isn't usable and should not pressed.

            Whats nice:
            Fast-Key on microphone triggers the bootloader on power-up.

            73,
            Jan, DO1FJN
          • Tom Pauwels
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 15, 2013
              2013/3/15 do1fjn <dvrptr@...>

[...]

              Does this mean a standard kenwood handheld microphone isn't usable anymore ?

              --
              73

              Tom
              ON4TOP

              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 15, 2013
                Hi Tom,

                --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pauwels <tom@...> wrote:
                > *Does this mean a standard kenwood handheld microphone isn't usable anymore? *

                ANY microphone can be connected to the board, as long as you put an RJ45 jack with the correct pinning on it....

                I don't have space + height on the board to offer a universal-wiring solution. This is the reason for a fixed pinning.

                Jan
              • Tom Pauwels
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 15, 2013

                  Euh yes Jan i agree  ( good idea the RJ45 jack  ) .

                  But my question was since you changed the spacing of the 2.5mm & 3.5mm jack a standard kenwood microphone with those 2 pins won't  fit anymore ..?

                  Compared to the old version of the AMBE adapter board   ?  ( wich had a kenwood compatible distance between 3,5mm & 2,5mm )

                  Tom

                  2013/3/15 do1fjn <dvrptr@...>

                  Hi Tom,

                  --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pauwels <tom@...> wrote:
                  > *Does this mean a standard kenwood handheld microphone isn't usable anymore? *

                  ANY microphone can be connected to the board, as long as you put an RJ45 jack with the correct pinning on it....

                  I don't have space + height on the board to offer a universal-wiring solution. This is the reason for a fixed pinning.

                  73

                  Tom
                  ON4TOP

                • Matthew Pitts
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 16, 2013

                    Tom,

                    Probably not, since the 2.5 and 3.5mm jacks are now both audio output, with the RJ45 jack being the audio input jack.

                    Matthew Pitts
                    N8OHU

                    Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 16, 2013
                      > Hi
                      > we are in the last stages of finalizing the design and doing a costing
                      > so we will be able to answer these questions very shortly !
                      >
                      > We think that you will be pleasantly surprised on the cost
                      >
                      > I will let Jan comment on the connectors.
                      >
                      > Kindest regards
                      > Bruce
                      > VE2GZI

                      Bruce and Jan
                      thanks for the replies all seems as i had hoped (although strange on the spacings of the spkr/mic connectors)

                      if you hold a list of interested partys stick my name -email on it as i would be very interested in getting a hold of one when they become available for general purchase...

                      Andrew. M1DNS
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 16, 2013
                        Hi Tom,

                        --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pauwels <tom@...> wrote:
                        > But my question was since you changed the spacing of the 2.5mm & 3.5mm jack
                        > a standard kenwood microphone with those 2 pins won't fit anymore ..?

                        The 3.5mm and 2.5mm connectors are not compatible with "portable" Speaker-Microphones (10mm / 11mm spacing). Neither mechanically nor electrically (pinning).

                        You can combine a speakerless microphone (modular RJ45) with a loudspeaker (3.5mm) or you can use a headset (earphone + mic + PTT; 2.5mm).

                        The old kenwood pinning only allow you to use only a such speaker mic. You can't use 2 separate components with it. So I decide to go to the RJ45 - I already had on my previous prototype (DV-ATRX).