Re: [DVRPTR_V1] Dvrptr version 1

  • Matthew Pitts
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 24, 2013

      Alan,

      Even though it is the V1 board, you need to tell the software it is a V2 since you have the XDVRPTR firmware installed in it.

      Matthew Pitts
      N8OHU

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 25, 2013
        --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Pitts <daywalker_blade_2004@...> wrote:

        > Alan,
        >
        > Even though it is the V1 board, you need to tell the software it is a V2 since you have the XDVRPTR firmware installed in it.
        >
        > Matthew Pitts
        > N8OHU
        >
        > Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

        Alan i have the same issue, but for me the board doesnt give me any audio and the ptt "locks" the board up..... im on f/ware 0.89 works 100% with dvrptr but not with KLX s/ware...

        Does any one know if the xDVRPTR f/ware can be changed to DVRPTR ? as all my earlier boards run fine...

        Andrew M1DNS
      • F4AVI Fabrice
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 25, 2013
          Andrew,
          Yes , you can downgrade to a previous firmware for DVRPTR V1.
          I've done it because xDVRPTR 0.89 wasn't as good as V1.69b.

          As I don't have the Oled display, it doesn't matter for me ...

          --
          73's de F4AVI Fabrice
          fabrice@...

          Le 25/02/2013 13:47, repeater.group a écrit :

          --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Pitts wrote:

          > Alan,
          >
          > Even though it is the V1 board, you need to tell the software it is a V2 since you have the XDVRPTR firmware installed in it.
          >
          > Matthew Pitts
          > N8OHU
          >
          > Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

          Alan i have the same issue, but for me the board doesnt give me any audio and the ptt "locks" the board up..... im on f/ware 0.89 works 100% with dvrptr but not with KLX s/ware...

          Does any one know if the xDVRPTR f/ware can be changed to DVRPTR ? as all my earlier boards run fine...

          Andrew M1DNS

        • Bruce Given
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 25, 2013
            Hi Andrew
            The instructions for loading the firmware and the dfu utility are in the files section of the group
            As well as some older versions of the firmware
            Let us know if you have any issues
            Sent from my BlackBerry® PlayBook™
            www.blackberry.com

            Yes , you can downgrade to a previous firmware for DVRPTR V1.
            I've done it because xDVRPTR 0.89 wasn't as good as V1.69b.

            As I don't have the Oled display, it doesn't matter for me ...

            --
            73's de F4AVI Fabrice
            fabrice@...

            Le 25/02/2013 13:47, repeater.group a écrit :

            --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Pitts wrote:

            > Alan,
            >
            > Even though it is the V1 board, you need to tell the software it is a V2 since you have the XDVRPTR firmware installed in it.
            >
            > Matthew Pitts
            > N8OHU
            >
            > Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

            Alan i have the same issue, but for me the board doesnt give me any audio and the ptt "locks" the board up..... im on f/ware 0.89 works 100% with dvrptr but not with KLX s/ware...

            Does any one know if the xDVRPTR f/ware can be changed to DVRPTR ? as all my earlier boards run fine...

            Andrew M1DNS

          • repeater.group
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 26, 2013
              --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Given <bruce.given@...> wrote:

              > Hi Andrew
              > The instructions for loading the firmware and the dfu utility are in the
              > files section of the group
              > As well as some older versions of the firmware
              > Let us know if you have any issues
              > Sent from my BlackBerry® PlayBook™
              > www.blackberry.com
              >
              > Andrew,
              > Yes , you can downgrade to a previous firmware for DVRPTR V1.
              > I've done it because xDVRPTR 0.89 wasn't as good as V1.69b.
              >
              > As I don't have the Oled display, it doesn't matter for me ...

              > --
              > 73's de F4AVI Fabricefabrice@...

              Bruce, Fabrice

              I have put other firmwares, ie 1.63c on it but it still says its an xdvrptr not a dvrptr board, as my others, and as a result it dosen't work with KLX DVRPTR-Repeater s/ware.. if i change the firmwares should it no longer see the board as a xdvrptr ? im loathed to go below 1.63c as i want to run this one with my ambe add on board.
              Andrew
            • F4AVI Fabrice
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 26, 2013
                Hi Andrew,

                really strange that it was recognized as xdvrptr ...

                After downgrading from xDVRPTR v0.89 to  v1.69b, my modem is seen as DV-RPTR in Control Center (see image below ...)

                Maybe you should retry to flash it again ...

                --
                73's de F4AVI Fabrice
                fabrice@...

                Le 26/02/2013 21:37, repeater.group a écrit :

                --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Given wrote:

                > Hi Andrew
                > The instructions for loading the firmware and the dfu utility are in the
                > files section of the group
                > As well as some older versions of the firmware
                > Let us know if you have any issues
                > Sent from my BlackBerry® PlayBook™
                > www.blackberry.com
                >
                > Andrew,
                > Yes , you can downgrade to a previous firmware for DVRPTR V1.
                > I've done it because xDVRPTR 0.89 wasn't as good as V1.69b.
                >
                > As I don't have the Oled display, it doesn't matter for me ...

                > --
                > 73's de F4AVI Fabricefabrice@...

                Bruce, Fabrice

                I have put other firmwares, ie 1.63c on it but it still says its an xdvrptr not a dvrptr board, as my others, and as a result it dosen't work with KLX DVRPTR-Repeater s/ware.. if i change the firmwares should it no longer see the board as a xdvrptr ? im loathed to go below 1.63c as i want to run this one with my ambe add on board.
                Andrew

              • Stefan
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 26, 2013
                  HI

                  CC 4791 only work with xdvrptr v1.24 -
                  as written from Kurt in his short description ...

                  Any other combination will result in have problems cause of protocol differences in DCS and CCS traffic ...

                  DPlus stays as it stay, no more work will be done on that...

                  kindly regards from bavaria Andechs
                  Stefan dk6px

                  --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "alanm0aqc@..." <alanm0aqc@...> wrote:

                  > Hi guys
                  >
                  > I am having an ongoing connection problem to REF'S, XRF'S and dplus
                  > repeaters, dcs reflectors are hit n miss, sometimes I can connect sometimes
                  > I cannot. This is using the modem with ambe as a dongle.
                  >
                  > The other thing is if I try to configure jonathans repeater software to the
                  > version 1 dvrptr modem it will only work if I select version 2?.
                  >
                  > I am wondering if I have flashed the EPROM with the wrong version firmware.
                  >
                  > My firmware shows.....XDVRPTR DV 1.04.... Control center version is 2.0 4791
                  > 237 (12.02.2013)
                  >
                  > Am I using the correct version firmware?, and why does jonathans software
                  > only see it as a version 2 board?.
                  >
                  > Can anyone advise.
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  > Alan

                • repeater.group
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 15, 2013
                    Bruce

                    I see you have posted a few pics of the new AMBE 2020 board to the group folders.....

                    When will they be, or are they available at pesent? and at what cost ?
                    and what mic. have you set the connector up for ?

                    A. DNS.
                  • bruce.given
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 15, 2013
                      --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "repeater.group" <m1dns.gb3hb@...> wrote:

                      > Bruce
                      >
                      > I see you have posted a few pics of the new AMBE 2020 board to the group folders.....
                      >
                      > When will they be, or are they available at pesent? and at what cost ?
                      > and what mic. have you set the connector up for ?
                      >
                      > A. DNS.

                      Hi
                      we are in the last stages of finalizing the design and doing a costing
                      so we will be able to answer these questions very shortly !

                      We think that you will be pleasantly surprised on the cost

                      I will let Jan comment on the connectors.

                      Kindest regards
                      Bruce
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 15, 2013
                        Hi volks,

                        --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "repeater.group" <m1dns.gb3hb@...> > I see you have posted a few pics of the new AMBE 2020 board to the group folders.....
                        When will they be, or are they available at pesent? and at what cost ?
                        and what mic. have you set the connector up for ?
                        ---

                        Availability: I can't say much to this... I plan to finish the hardware as fast as possible. A 2nd / final board I will order after finishing a few tests next week.

                        Microphone:
                        Yaesu A8J modular connector. Usable are MH-31A8J (dynamic), MH-59A8J and compatible. All buttons on MH-31 are usable (Up/Down -> volume, Fast). On MH-59 I prepared it for the serial communication, but till today I don't found the protocol specification or message dumps (FT-857/897). If I got such information I will put it into my firmware.

                        Loudspeaker 3.5mm 3pin:
                        Down to 4 Ohm (differential PWM output).

                        Headset 2.5mm 3pin:
                        Earphone part >= 16 Ohms, integrated PTT is usable with new firmware.

                        Negative:
                        Headset and speaker connector have a distance of 8.5mm. You can't plug 2 "thick" jacks at the same time (10mm needed).

                        Display:
                        I will add support for an standard text LCD with buttons. A 4pin modular jack contains 5V and I²C for such devices... For developers it's easy to support other I²C solutions...

                        Compatibility:
                        Works with current firmware (normal mic PTT only). Up/Down isn't usable and should not pressed.

                        Whats nice:
                        Fast-Key on microphone triggers the bootloader on power-up.

                        73,
                        Jan, DO1FJN
                      • Tom Pauwels
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 15, 2013
                          2013/3/15 do1fjn <dvrptr@...>

[...]

                          Does this mean a standard kenwood handheld microphone isn't usable anymore ?

                          Display:
                          I will add support for an standard text LCD with buttons. A 4pin modular jack contains 5V and I²C for such devices... For developers it's easy to support other I²C solutions...

                          Compatibility:
                          Works with current firmware (normal mic PTT only). Up/Down isn't usable and should not pressed.

                          Whats nice:
                          Fast-Key on microphone triggers the bootloader on power-up.

                          73,
                          Jan, DO1FJN

                          --
                          73

                          Tom
                          ON4TOP

                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 15, 2013
                            Hi Tom,

                            --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pauwels <tom@...> wrote:
                            > *Does this mean a standard kenwood handheld microphone isn't usable anymore? *

                            ANY microphone can be connected to the board, as long as you put an RJ45 jack with the correct pinning on it....

                            I don't have space + height on the board to offer a universal-wiring solution. This is the reason for a fixed pinning.

                            Jan
                          • Tom Pauwels
                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 15, 2013

                              Euh yes Jan i agree  ( good idea the RJ45 jack  ) .

                              But my question was since you changed the spacing of the 2.5mm & 3.5mm jack a standard kenwood microphone with those 2 pins won't  fit anymore ..?

                              Compared to the old version of the AMBE adapter board   ?  ( wich had a kenwood compatible distance between 3,5mm & 2,5mm )

                              Tom

                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 16, 2013

                                Tom,

                                Probably not, since the 2.5 and 3.5mm jacks are now both audio output, with the RJ45 jack being the audio input jack.

                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 16, 2013
                                  > Hi
                                  > we are in the last stages of finalizing the design and doing a costing
                                  > so we will be able to answer these questions very shortly !
                                  >
                                  > We think that you will be pleasantly surprised on the cost
                                  >
                                  > I will let Jan comment on the connectors.
                                  >
                                  > Kindest regards
                                  > Bruce
                                  > VE2GZI

                                  Bruce and Jan
                                  thanks for the replies all seems as i had hoped (although strange on the spacings of the spkr/mic connectors)

                                  if you hold a list of interested partys stick my name -email on it as i would be very interested in getting a hold of one when they become available for general purchase...

                                  Andrew. M1DNS
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Mar 16, 2013
                                    Hi Tom,

                                    --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pauwels <tom@...> wrote:
                                    > But my question was since you changed the spacing of the 2.5mm & 3.5mm jack
                                    > a standard kenwood microphone with those 2 pins won't fit anymore ..?

                                    The 3.5mm and 2.5mm connectors are not compatible with "portable" Speaker-Microphones (10mm / 11mm spacing). Neither mechanically nor electrically (pinning).

                                    You can combine a speakerless microphone (modular RJ45) with a loudspeaker (3.5mm) or you can use a headset (earphone + mic + PTT; 2.5mm).

                                    The old kenwood pinning only allow you to use only a such speaker mic. You can't use 2 separate components with it. So I decide to go to the RJ45 - I already had on my previous prototype (DV-ATRX).