Re: [DVRPTR_V1] Re: Which software?

  • va2ir
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 13, 2013
      Ok, so its active low. Thanks.

      From: Pierre Martel <petem001@...>
      Sender: DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 22:11:28 -0500
      To: <DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [DVRPTR_V1] Re: Which software?

      The ptt is open till it need to transmit then it will be grounded.

      Le 2013-01-12 17:00, <va2ir@...> a écrit :
      Thankls for all the replies. The software issues were resolved. I had the wrong IP addresses in the wrong place. The IRCddb is now connected although I don't have the board yet.

      On the topic of the board, I am interfacing the board to a Hamtronics REP-200 repeater. This is a very basic repeater with separate TX and RX boards and a simple controller (which will be disconnected).

      The TX should be able to handle the digital data and the RX board provides discriminator output up to 2V p-p.

      My question: I won't be using a 9K6 connector:  to key the transmitter, is the signal from the board positive or negative going? Am I best to use the keying line through a relay as I am doing now?

      Thanks for any help.

      Ian

      VA2IR
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 15, 2013
        Hi Ian,

        --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, va2ir@... wrote:
        > On the topic of the board, I am interfacing the board to a Hamtronics REP-200 repeater. This is a very basic repeater with separate TX and RX boards and a simple controller (which will be disconnected).

        > The TX should be able to handle the digital data and the RX board provides discriminator output up to 2V p-p.

        That's ok. A DV-RPTR board can handle 3Vp-p w/o distortion. A (smaller) GMSK signal should give 0.5Vp-p if the RX receives up to 25kHz channels.

        > My question: I won't be using a 9K6 connector: to key the transmitter, is the signal from the board positive or negative going? Am I best to use the keying line through a relay as I am doing now?

        From DV-RPTR normally you got a Active-Low (PTT triggered -> Pin goes to ground) signal (weak high; true open collector after removing a resistor).

        You have the possibility to change the DV-RPTR hardware to have a positive (PTT triggered -> Pin goes to supply voltage) signal...

        This feature is needed only in a few cases (self-made TX)...

        relay usage isn't needed in the case you have the same power supply (ground; not only the analog-ground line for RX/TX signals). A relay will add ~20ms (rule of thumb) additional TX-Delay.

        73,
        Jan, DO1FJN