Re: [DVRPTR_V1] Re: Which software?

  • va2ir
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 12, 2013
      Thankls for all the replies. The software issues were resolved. I had the wrong IP addresses in the wrong place. The IRCddb is now connected although I don't have the board yet.

      On the topic of the board, I am interfacing the board to a Hamtronics REP-200 repeater. This is a very basic repeater with separate TX and RX boards and a simple controller (which will be disconnected).

      The TX should be able to handle the digital data and the RX board provides discriminator output up to 2V p-p.

      My question: I won't be using a 9K6 connector: to key the transmitter, is the signal from the board positive or negative going? Am I best to use the keying line through a relay as I am doing now?

      Thanks for any help.

      Ian

      VA2IR

        > Hi guys. This is all new to me. My situation: The DV RPTR v1 board is coming in, and I have installed on a clean XP machine the G4KLX repeater and gateway softwares. I find them cumbersome.

        Well Dont know what to say about G4KLX code but I cann comment on KI4LKF/VA3UV Freestar code in that it is stable on all platforms from PC to ALEX800 and Rasp-Pi I have used it for a some time and cant fault it.

        Barry G8SAU

        > I was looking at the documentation folder and saw the details of the DVRPTR control center software which looks much simpler to configure. Our repeater is registered with the ircDDB network.
        >
        > Which software am I better off with?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Ian - VA2IR

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            DVRPTR_V1-digest@yahoogroups.com
            DVRPTR_V1-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • va2ir
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 13, 2013
          Ok, so its active low. Thanks.

          From: Pierre Martel <petem001@...>
          Sender: DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 22:11:28 -0500
          To: <DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [DVRPTR_V1] Re: Which software?

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 15, 2013
            Hi Ian,

            --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, va2ir@... wrote:
            > On the topic of the board, I am interfacing the board to a Hamtronics REP-200 repeater. This is a very basic repeater with separate TX and RX boards and a simple controller (which will be disconnected).

            > The TX should be able to handle the digital data and the RX board provides discriminator output up to 2V p-p.

            That's ok. A DV-RPTR board can handle 3Vp-p w/o distortion. A (smaller) GMSK signal should give 0.5Vp-p if the RX receives up to 25kHz channels.

            > My question: I won't be using a 9K6 connector: to key the transmitter, is the signal from the board positive or negative going? Am I best to use the keying line through a relay as I am doing now?

            From DV-RPTR normally you got a Active-Low (PTT triggered -> Pin goes to ground) signal (weak high; true open collector after removing a resistor).

            You have the possibility to change the DV-RPTR hardware to have a positive (PTT triggered -> Pin goes to supply voltage) signal...

            This feature is needed only in a few cases (self-made TX)...

            relay usage isn't needed in the case you have the same power supply (ground; not only the analog-ground line for RX/TX signals). A relay will add ~20ms (rule of thumb) additional TX-Delay.

            73,
            Jan, DO1FJN