Re: Session ends a few moments after connection - DVTool V1.10beta2 - Windows Vista

  • wa2nxk
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 21, 2008
      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "wa2nxk" <wkapica@...> wrote:

      > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Mark Krotz <mkrotz@> wrote:
      > >
      > > wa2nxk wrote:
      > > > I'm running on an HP 2133 Mini laptop with Windows Vista
      Business.

      > > What speed processor and how much RAM?

      > Hi.
      > Thanks for your help.
      > The HP 2133 Mini is 1.6 GHz and it has 2GB of memory. I'm running
      > single gadget and it shows CPU at 100% and memory usage at about
      half.
      > I will try to kill everything else in the PC prior to running
      DVDongle
      > and try it again now that I know that the speed of the PC is an
      issue.

      > I'll let you know what happens.
      > Thanks again for the help.
      > Walt

      Hi,
      To follow-up on this, I ran the DVTool Version 1.10beta2 under
      Windows Vista Business on a faster PC (dual-core 3.40 GHz with 3 GB
      of memory) and it ran perfectly.

      I also retried it with the HP 2133 Mini, but still without success.
      CPU utilization was high, but not 100%; then I thought I heard some
      static through the speaker for a few seconds, the red light flashed a
      few times, and the session ended. So I guess that this small PC is
      just not fast enough to run the DVDongle software.

      Thanks very much for all your help. I'll just run the DVDongle
      software on the faster PC for now.
      Walt