Re: [DVDongle] Re: Hiss on speakers/headphone

  • Gary Pearce KN4AQ
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2008

      Both the hiss and the Java Sound Audio Engine are normal. The hiss is added to let you know you have a connection.

      73,
      Gary KN4AQ

      At 03:02 PM 10/4/2008, you wrote:

      In addition to this, for audio output it shows" Java Sound Audio
      Engine" and I cannot change this. Is this normal?

      Rick/WA6ES
      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <wa6es@...> wrote:

      > Well it connects ok, sees the dongle fine. While listening to my
      > headphones I hear a low hiss when I connect to a gateway.I can monitor
      > my transmission on my other radio and this is fine.,When I transmit
      > from my radio I cannot hear anything only that same low hiss. The
      > green light is still flickering as the blue light, The amber light is
      > on and not pulsing. This is on the Mac and the Windows version. Since
      > I have it down, maybe I will blow it out again and re download it
      > again. Heck what do I have to lose. One thing, once I get it figured
      > out I can help others also.
      >
      > Rick/WA6ES

      ARVN: Amateur Radio//Video News
      Gary Pearce KN4AQ