Re: DVTool 1.10beta1 available

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 1, 2008
      Robin -

      I get an error "Invalid or Corrupt jarfile" when I double click on
      it.

      I guess I should have tried this at the DCC when I was sitting
      nearby you.

      73, Mark, WB9QZB

      > DVTool1.10beta1 is available at
      > http://www.opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-1.10beta1.jar
      >
      > The main window size has been reduced to work on smaller displays.
      > User messages are now displayed and there is a history tab which
      > shows a history of user key ups.
      >
      > There is more debug information printed from this beta version.
      You
      > can ignore any warnings that print out.
      >
      > You can run the new version by downloading into your existing
      DVTool

      Message 2 of 26 , Oct 2, 2008
        Hi Mark. Try re-downloading first. If that doesn't work, rename
        your old DVTool.jar file and then rename the beta to DVTool.jar and
        run dvtool.bat.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <wb9qzb@...> wrote:

        > Robin -
        >
        > I get an error "Invalid or Corrupt jarfile" when I double click on
        > it.
        >
        > I guess I should have tried this at the DCC when I was sitting
        > nearby you.
        >
        > 73, Mark, WB9QZB
        >
        > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@> wrote:
        > >
        > > DVTool1.10beta1 is available at
        > > http://www.opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-1.10beta1.jar
        > >
        > > The main window size has been reduced to work on smaller displays.
        > > User messages are now displayed and there is a history tab which
        > > shows a history of user key ups.
        > >
        > > There is more debug information printed from this beta version.
        > You
        > > can ignore any warnings that print out.
        > >
        > > You can run the new version by downloading into your existing
        > DVTool
        > > folder, open a command window (DOS box), change the folder to your
        > > DVTool folder, and then run "java -jar DVTool-1.10beta1.jar". You
        > > should also be able to just double click on the jar file if you
        are
        > > running Windows.
        > >
        > > I'll be releasing beta2, beta3, etc. so if beta1 is not on
        > > opendstar.org, check for the other betas.

      • Greg Forrest
        Message 3 of 26 , Oct 2, 2008
          Mark:

          I had the same problem here; but I noticed that the size of the file shown
          on the opendstar site was greater than the one I downloaded in Win2K. Tried
          two more times and no change. I then went to an XP machine and it worked
          fine. I am guessing it is some setting in the different browser versions.
          Never determined what it was.

          Greg
          N6LDJ