Re: Problems getting my DV-Dongle working with my computer

  • michaelandreasmunz
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
      Hello Robin,

      thanks for all your support. I did what you mentioned in your mail,
      but it still says the annoying "IOException receive Socket closed" in
      the cmd-Window and "Cannot open device localhost: 20002" in the
      DVTool-Window. Do you know what this error message "IOException
      receive Socket closed" exactly means ?
      A Hardware-Info Tool shows a device FT232R USB UART connected to the
      USB Port.
      I also post the last lines in the ascp.txt file:
      ascp starting
      connect from 127.0.0.1:63054
      facu 0/0 tacu 0/0 fncu 0/0 fcu 1000/0/0
      network timeout

      Thanks + regards,

      Michael (DG3SBD)

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
        This is exactly what you see if Windows is blocking the socket with
        the firewall (or maybe a 3rd party firewall/security software).

        The "receive Socket closed" is what you get if DVTool cannot talk to
        ascpseriald via sockets.

        Something in the O/S is blocking your TCP/IP socket communications.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "michaelandreasmunz"