DV Dongle and Messages

  • Frank Taylor
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
      Hi All,
      I'm new to all this, but is it possible to tx/rx messages with the
      dongle and to extract gps messages.

      Regards
      Frank G8NSD
      Chesterfield, UK
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
        A version that will do this is in the works.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Taylor" <g8nsd.groups@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi All,
        > I'm new to all this, but is it possible to tx/rx messages with the
        > dongle and to extract gps messages.
        >
        > Regards
        > Frank G8NSD
        > Chesterfield, UK

      • John D. Hays
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
          Not yet.

          --
          John D. Hays - K7VE
          Phone: 206-801-0820
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
            Thanks Robin,
            Sorry for the delay in replying.
            Yes it would be nice, also being able to connect repeaters that are
            not connected to the reflector would me nice as well.
            If you need a beta tester please let me know

            73's de Frank
            G8NSD

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
              Hi Frank. I'm not sure I understand the "connect repeaters" part.
              DVTool connects to repeaters reguardless of whether they are
              connected to reflectors or not.

              wrote:

              > Thanks Robin,
              > Sorry for the delay in replying.
              > Yes it would be nice, also being able to connect repeaters that are
              > not connected to the reflector would me nice as well.
              > If you need a beta tester please let me know
              >
              > 73's de Frank
              > G8NSD
              >

              > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@> wrote:
              > >
              > > A version that will do this is in the works.

              > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Taylor" <g8nsd.groups@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi All,
              > > > I'm new to all this, but is it possible to tx/rx messages with
              > the
              > > > dongle and to extract gps messages.
              > > >
              > > > Regards
              > > > Frank G8NSD
              > > > Chesterfield, UK

            • Antonio
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
                Frank Taylor ha scritto:

                Thanks Robin,
                Sorry for the delay in replying.
                Yes it would be nice, also being able to connect repeaters that are
                not connected to the reflector would me nice as well.
                If you need a beta tester please let me know

                73's de Frank
                G8NSD

                --- In DVDongle@yahoogroup s.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

                > A version that will do this is in the works.

                > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroup s.com, "Frank Taylor" <g8nsd.groups@ >
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi All,
                > > I'm new to all this, but is it possible to tx/rx messages with
                the
                > > dongle and to extract gps messages.
                > >
                > > Regards
                > > Frank G8NSD
                > > Chesterfield, UK

                Hi Frank,
                you can select Gateway/Repeaters or Reflectors quickly, from the list.

                --
                73 de Antonio IW2OAZ
                http://www.iq2gm.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
                  Hi Robin,
                  Hows best to explain.
                  With a radio connected to a refector, you can link to get a repeater
                  to connect to the reflector you are on

                  ex YOUR GB3SS AL

                  Then that will connect the repeater to the refector you are on, does
                  that make sence?

                  73's de Frank