Re: [DVDongle] Re: List of gateways

  • Donald Jacob
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2008
      Robin,
      Duh.. I probably knew that but thanks for waking the few
      remaining active brain cells!
      by the way, when I set up my DV Dongle I wanted to see how it
      would preform on a slow machine. I initially installed it on a PIII
      530Mhz Windows XP and it works great! I was pleased. I do shut
      down my IM software, don't get the red LED except on the initial
      power up. It also runs on my Vista laptop dual core 2Ghz processor.
      I don't have a USB 2.0 board in my LINUX machine, but will get one
      soon to try it there.
      Very impressive device. Kudos to you for the time and effort.
      Is the code going to be open source?

      Again thanks for a great product
      73
      Don  WB5EKU
      Admin KI6JKA and KI6KQU

      On Feb 1, 2008 1:50 PM, Robin Cutshaw <aa4rc@...> wrote:

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Jacob" <wb5eku@...> wrote:

      > I searched but could not find then answer ---
      > My dropdown list of reachable gateways is much shorter than the
      > list of active gateways on dstarusers.org. All seem to be running
      > D-plus 0.103.
      > Are some gateways blocking access via dongle? I do not see any
      > VE or VK gateways to mention just a sample.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Don WB5EKU

      If the gateway admin does not forward the appropriate ports from the
      internet to their gateway, the dongle will not be able to connect and
      it won't be listed.