Gateway Drop down list

  • Ron Shaffer
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
      Robin,
      How is that list populated WRT newly Dongle friendly systems ?
      Do we need to tell you or does the code do it ?
      KI4SAZ should be Dongle friendly by this evening and KI4PPF should be
      very soon
      also, KI4QMQ, which is currently not on US_Root (but will be with G2) is
      already Dongle friendly
      ..Ron

      --
      Ron Shaffer W4VM / AAT4SJ
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Ron Shaffer <w4vm@...> wrote:

        > Robin,
        > How is that list populated WRT newly Dongle friendly systems ?
        > Do we need to tell you or does the code do it ?
        > KI4SAZ should be Dongle friendly by this evening and KI4PPF should be
        > very soon
        > also, KI4QMQ, which is currently not on US_Root (but will be with G2)
        is
        > already Dongle friendly
        > ..Ron
        >
        > --
        > Ron Shaffer W4VM / AAT4SJ

        DVTool connects to the gateway name server when you open the DV Dongle
        and requests the gateway list. The gateway name server sends out an
        application ping periodically to see if each gateway responds.
        Gateways that respond are placed in the list. As a result, you can
        take your gateway down for a few minutes (or longer) and when you bring
        it back up, it will show up in the list.

        I wanted this to be a dynamic, automatic process rather than a manual
        task.