Re: Slow Audio

  • Peter Loveall
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 12, 2008

      > This is a known issue. If folks route there RF from a module to
      the
      > controller back to the same module, there will be duplication of
      > voice packets and you will hear this slow speach. Changing urcall
      > CQCQCQ fixes the problem.
      >
      > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists
      > <HamLists@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Interesting anomaly seen this morning. I contacted W5EJL on the
      > K5TIT B repeater this morning. I was on a DVDongle. When she
      would

      > > She had accidentally changed her channel to cross-band to the A
      > repeater (which is where I am when mobile. Her cross-band setup
      goes
      > through the gateway so her position reports will be seen via the D-
      > PRS IGate on the gateway. So her setup was URCALL=/K5TIT A,
      > RPT1=K5TIT B, RPT2=K5TIT G. I had her change to the "direct
      > channel" (URCALL=CQCQCQ, RPT1=K5TIT B, RPT2=K5TIT G) and her
      audio
      > immediately improved to perfect copy.

      As you can see, she was not set up to send back to the same module.
      She was sending to the A repeater module from the B repeater module.
      This is an issue with DPlus trying to mix the 2 DV streams.

      73,

      Pete Loveall AE5PL
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 12, 2008
        Yes, I saw that. The stream was duplicated between the gateway and
        controller and that caused the problem.

        Robin