"Missed keep alive from gateway"

  • kk4lac@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2014

      Running DV Tool 2.0beta5 on XP. Laptop on wireless with 6.0M bandwidth.

      Seeing lots of messages in the log screen reporting "missed keepalive from gateway, count = n". Occurring on multiple gateways. Happens during both quiet times (no conversations) and, to a lesser extent, during monitored conversations. Disconnecting and reconnecting may improve it for a short time but it does return.

      I'm presuming it's on my end, but with good bandwidth, current software, I thought I'd ask if anyone else is seeing the same thing.

      Thanks!

      Bob

      KK4LAC

      North Georgia

    • Ioannis Kokovidis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2014
        Happy New year to all....
        I usually got this ...sympton when I had poor Internet speed (ADSL) due to net overload or so...Also sometimes when I worked in parallel with ...Internet Explorer (!!!) for some time....I didn't noticed this with Chrome exept once...
        Ever since I changed my Internet provider and VOILA !!! The same happens again with much better speed (VDSL now)..Changing to Crome  nothing happened till the day before !!! It was Christmas Eve and ALL NETS WERE OVERLOADED  I believe...Also I run a speed test that time....I am afraid,my ..Internet provider will sue me if I,ll publish the velocity test !!!!
        So my friend...In conclusion ...When this happens have a look at your net speed and try some other (and ...lighter ) browser....
        I hope this helps....
        Once again, have a Happy New Year
        SV2LLJ IOANNIS
        GREECE

        Στις 9:53 μ.μ. Πέμπτη, 2 Ιανουαρίου 2014, ο/η "john316@..." <john316@...> έγραψε:

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2014
          Sorry for the second answer but...I forgot to mention that...
          6mb is REALLY SLOW SPEED...
          I had this problem with (theoretically) 10 Mb -15 Mb (ADSL) AND with about 20 Mb (also theoretical) with VDSL...So you should try something better !!!!

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2014
            Sorry again ..By mistake I answered to you directly...
            I should send my answer to the group...
            Anyway As you can see in my answer (but the other members don't..),The problem seems to be your internet speed at that specific time....
            Have a speed test when this occurs and check your internet speed....
            Can you try something not so slow? (6Mb is TOO SLOW )

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2014

              Thanks for your response. Agreed. I suspected that was the case but thought I'd toss it out there in case there was something more widespread occurring. Where I live in the remote mountains of North Georgia, 6MB over a DSL line is about as good as it gets. I've had the same lines and service for the past 9 months that I've had the Dongle and had not seen the issue prior to the past few days - so it had been working fine until recently. As of this moment it's showing 7.2MB down and .70M up. The phone company is due out tomorrow to check the lines and address the issues.

              Thanks!

              73's

              Bob

              KK4LAC