Dongle speed

  • Dale Blanchard
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2008
      How well will the DVDongle work on a 1.2 g laptop. That is all I have
      in laptops.
      I am using it on my main 3.2 g computer with no problems.
      The manual says you need at least 2g.
      Dale
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 2008
        I have an IBM Thinkpad with a 1.2GHz Pentium III processor and it is
        too slow for the dongle. Others have reported success with 1.2 GHz.
        It probably depends on what other applications you have loaded on the
        system. I hope to load Linux on the Thinkpad and try it out.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Blanchard" <wa7ixk@...> wrote:

        > How well will the DVDongle work on a 1.2 g laptop. That is all I
        have
        > in laptops.
        > I am using it on my main 3.2 g computer with no problems.
        > The manual says you need at least 2g.
        > Dale

      • ke5c
        Message 3 of 3 , May 11, 2008
          On Sun, 2008-05-11 at 13:12 +0000, Robin Cutshaw wrote:
          > I have an IBM Thinkpad with a 1.2GHz Pentium III processor and it is
          > too slow for the dongle. Others have reported success with 1.2 GHz.
          > It probably depends on what other applications you have loaded on the
          > system. I hope to load Linux on the Thinkpad and try it out.

          The dongle works fine on my IBM Thinkpad T23 with Fedora 7. In fact, I
          still have not gotten rid of the audio choppiness in my fire-breathing
          XP box in spite of a herculean effort, so I run the dongle on this
          laptop exclusively now. Some details:

          Linux 2.6.22.9-91.fc7

          product: Intel(R) Pentium(R) III Mobile CPU 1133MHz
          version: 6.11.1
          clock: 133MHz

          slot: System board or motherboard
          capacity: 512MiB