Multiple ID's not working

  • phoggberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 2013
      Note: For the purposes of illustration I will use "[]" to illustrate a Space Character.

      1. I Fired up my DVAP was working just fine,

      2. I fired up my DVDONGLE and it Connected to a working Reflector to help get a friend on the air.  It connected to the same Reflector.   He had some driver problems and so I left him resolve that on his own.  Dis not try to transmit however.

      3. My DVAP was still working fine.  I had to reboot the RPi that runs the DVAP and it told me that it couldn't connect to the DVAP.  I figured it was obviously because I had too many calls linked to the system.  No problem.

      4. I went on the my registered Repeater System and added K0BSB[]D for the dongle and K0BSB[]A for the DVAP.

      5. Went back to the reflector to fire up the Dongle with K0BSB[]D and it told me it couldn't find my call in the connected star database gateway, and I could not transmit.

      6. Went back to the DPLUS server and everything looked fine, then checked my call on Dstarinfo and the new Aliases are all there and look good to me.

      I am still new enough at this, that I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.  Anybody got some suggestions?

      73,
      Barry, K0BSB
    • Bob
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 2013
        Hi Barry
        the module letter should be in the 8'th position, leave 2 spaces between your callsign and the module letter

        Try K0BSB[][]D for the dongle and K0BSB[][]A for the DVAP

        73
        Bob G4FHN

        On 25/11/2013 10:36, k0bsb@... wrote:
        ��

[...]

      • Woodrick, Ed
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 25, 2013

          After adding the terminals, you’ll probably have to wait at least 4 hours before they are propagated to all systems.

          Why don’t you just simplify and go with one call?

          Ed WA4YIH