DVDONGLE Not Linking

  • ve7hj
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 18, 2013
      I am still trying to get a DVDongle working for a friend. He is registered as VE7XTA and shows up in the registry. He can connect to Reflectors but not repeaters. We have tried using his call sign in a different DVDongle, same issues. I can program his call sign in my HT and no problem linking to repeaters or reflectors.

      I even deleted his registration on our gateway and registered him again. No change.
      We even tried it with WinDV and same issues.

      I am at a loss as to why it is happening.

      James VE7HJ
    • Rudy Benner
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 19, 2013
        Repeater VE7RCK_B ? Can’t get linked for some reason.

        ve3bdr

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 19, 2013

            I am still trying to get a DVDongle working for a friend. He is registered as VE7XTA and shows up in the registry. He can connect to Reflectors but not repeaters. We have tried using his call sign in a different DVDongle, same issues. I can program his call sign in my HT and no problem linking to repeaters or reflectors.

          I even deleted his registration on our gateway and registered him again. No change.
          We even tried it with WinDV and same issues.

          I am at a loss as to why it is happening.

          James VE7HJ

          James, Not all of the gateways (repeaters) in the list are contactable, some don't even exist any more, but are still in the G2 database.

          I tested a repeater connect here with your friends call successfully;

          Can you give me an example of repeater/gateway calls he cannot connect too please?

          Adrian ... vk4tux
        • ve7hj

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 23, 2013

                Adrian,

              Thanks for doing this. He is unable to connect to VE7RCK -B and VE7RAG -B. The gateways that he can connect to he cannot transmit on. When connecting to REF001C he can connect but gets a warning that he won't be able to transmit.

              James VE7HJ

              Ok the two Canadian gateways you mention have an issue at the gateway I get the same reject.

              As for REF001

              from Last Heard

              VE7XTA 11/24/13 01:01:16 UTC REF001 C 2 Meters DVD Aurora, Illinios, USA

              Its working for ptt here, Did he have the Module set to * ?Tthat will not allow TX as it listens to all modules simultaneously.

              Adrian ... vk4tux
            • Kent Hufford
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 23, 2013

                When it says you cannot transmit, it usually means it does not see an approved registered call sign.  It is something along this line..

                Kent

                KQ4KK