DV Dongle Windows 8 Compatibility

  • py2vr
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 17, 2013
      Hello Everyone,

      Does anybody had a problem with Windows 8 ? I got to install successfully but I didn't get audio RX, only a digital noise.

      Thanks,
      Eduardo
    • gjabs
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 20, 2013

        On 17-Oct-13, py2vr wrote...

        >Hello Everyone,

        >Does anybody had a problem with Windows 8 ? I got to install successfully but I didn't get audio RX, only a >digital noise.

        >Thanks,
        >Eduardo

        Eduardo,

        I had much the same behavior with Windows 7 Pro. I don't have Windows 8. I wasted hours with DVTool, then downloaded DVTool 2.0 Beta5 and had everything working perfectly in minutes!

        The link is: http://www.opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe

        Gary

        KF0TW

        ---In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, <dvdongle@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hello Everyone,

        Does anybody had a problem with Windows 8 ? I got to install successfully but I didn't get audio RX, only a digital noise.

        Thanks,
        Eduardo
      • nhorv
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 20, 2013
          No problems with Windows 7 Professional, or with Windows 8. It worked fine right after installation of DVTool 2.0 beta5.

          73,  Nick
          KJ4BSM

          >Does anybody had a problem with Windows 8 ? I got to install successfully but I didn't get audio RX, only a >digital noise.

          >Thanks,
          >Eduardo

          Eduardo,

          I had much the same behavior with Windows 7 Pro. I don't have Windows 8. I wasted hours with DVTool, then downloaded DVTool 2.0 Beta5 and had everything working perfectly in minutes!

          The link is: http://www.opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe

          Gary

          KF0TW

          ---In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, <dvdongle@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Hello Everyone,

          Does anybody had a problem with Windows 8 ? I got to install successfully but I didn't get audio RX, only a digital noise.

          Thanks,
          Eduardo

        • g4ijl
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 20, 2013

            Don't forget the major update happened to JAVA as DVTool is a JAVA file. Some one mentioned addition of drivers for the dongle chips? You will have to burrow through the history of posts in this group for details.

            Paul G. Chapman

            MInstLM G4IJL

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 20, 2013
              Looks like Google OS piggy backs Window 8. You will need the Windows 8 part of that. Say two screens on your PC one with Google Chrome OS and the other with Windows 8.

              Does this make sense? I was reading up on ChromeOS... double operating system?? Boot up Windows 8 and click on ChromeOS??

              Well I'm off the thin ice and swimming in circles.... splash! out of knowledge...

              Paul G. Chapman

              MInstLM G4IJL