MAC PRO DV Dongle Install Problems

  • David Wolfe
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10 6:50 AM
      Installed the OS X intel VCP driver and able to see the device listed in the terminal /dev
      listing.

      All I get when hitting OPEN is a message at bottom of DV Dongle Tool is "cannot exec ambe
      server" No idea what that means.

      Checked firewall settings and everything is open. Not running any other firewall except Little
      Snitch which I disabled.

      Not seeing any USB port listed on Network preferences to open. However, the dvToolApp
      Version 12.0.0 for the Intel MAC seems to see the Dongle OK per the DV Device listing.
      Where did I go wrong?

      MAC Pro early 2008 quad 2.8 GHz CPU running OS X 10.5.2 w 4 Gig RAM.

      Thank you
      K1AGE
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10 7:11 AM
        Hi David. Make sure you have followed the install instructions and
        haven't moved anything "to your liking". The DVTool folder should be
        on your desktop and you should double click on the file "dvtool" in
        that folder, not the jar file.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "David Wolfe" <dkwolfe@...> wrote:

        > Installed the OS X intel VCP driver and able to see the device
        listed in the terminal /dev
        > listing.
        >
        > All I get when hitting OPEN is a message at bottom of DV Dongle
        Tool is "cannot exec ambe
        > server" No idea what that means.
        >
        > Checked firewall settings and everything is open. Not running any
        other firewall except Little
        > Snitch which I disabled.
        >
        > Not seeing any USB port listed on Network preferences to open.
        However, the dvToolApp
        > Version 12.0.0 for the Intel MAC seems to see the Dongle OK per the
        DV Device listing.
        > Where did I go wrong?
        >
        > MAC Pro early 2008 quad 2.8 GHz CPU running OS X 10.5.2 w 4 Gig RAM.
        >
        > Thank you
        > K1AGE

      • David K. Wolfe
        Message 3 of 3 , May 10 7:18 AM