Not having any luck with DV Dongle on a imac with osx 10.6.8

  • slorider58
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 13, 2013
      All I get is the message  ( Cannot find ascpserialdimac )  I have DVTOOL folder    DVTOOL.jar  and DVTOOL.tar and have installed FTDIUSBSerial Driver v2_2_18     So I'm at a loss !!!  any ideas ?
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 14, 2013

         Hi (didn't get your name nor callsign).  That happens if you move any of the components out of the dvtool folder or if you are clicking on the jar file.

        The better fix is to download http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta5-mac.dmg and install/run that version.  it should work much better for you.

        ---In dvdongle@yahoogroups.com, <slorider58@...> wrote:

        All I get is the message  ( Cannot find ascpserialdimac )  I have DVTOOL folder    DVTOOL.jar  and DVTOOL.tar and have installed FTDIUSBSerial Driver v2_2_18     So I'm at a loss !!!  any ideas ?
      • Don Woodward
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 14, 2013

          Download DVTool 2.0beta5

          http://www.opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta5-mac.dmg

          Don Woodward

          KD4APP

                    All I get is the message  ( Cannot find ascpserialdimac )  I have DVTOOL folder    DVTOOL.jar  and DVTOOL.tar and have installed FTDIUSBSerial Driver v2_2_18     So I'm at a loss !!!  any ideas ?

          No virus found in this message.

        • vk4tux
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 14, 2013

             Make sure the ascpserialdimac file is in the same folder as the executable, such that it is found in the command path,

            Adrian ... vk4tux

            ---In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, <dvdongle@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            All I get is the message  ( Cannot find ascpserialdimac )  I have DVTOOL folder    DVTOOL.jar  and DVTOOL.tar and have installed FTDIUSBSerial Driver v2_2_18     So I'm at a loss !!!  any ideas ?
          • Edward Thorpe
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 14, 2013
              This will happen if you don't have the DVTool folder on your desktop. Place the DVTool folder on your desktop exactly as it is when unzipped. Then launch either dvtool or dvtool.jar from within the folder. You can then create an Alias for dvtool and place the alias on the desktop or anywhere else.
              Edward Thorpe, VE3HPL, VE0HPL

            • Kevin Wesolowski
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 14, 2013

                Hey Robin – I first loaded the “old” software on my laptop to use my new dongle. Didn’t work for poop. I saw on this list to download & use the beta version. I did so on my PC and it worked great. Last night, I installed that version on my laptop and to my surprise it worked completely seamless to me as an operator. I am so pleased! It worked so smoothly that I thought I did something wrong and it wasn’t even giving me an error. Not so – I switched reflectors and picked up a station in Georgia and had a nice QSO. The dongle and the beta version of the software are just fantastic!!  Thanks!

                Kevin W.

                KD7DFV

                Sun City, Az/DM33