Re: [DVDongle] Need help with DV Dongle

  • NU3Q
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2013
      I resolved the issue...NU3Q

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 2, 2013, at 7:29 PM, NU3Q <nu3q@...> wrote:

      I have a weird driver issue with my DV Dongle. My Dell desktop sees it just fine with the DV Tool software and it works as intended. Now, to muddy the waters a bit…I have the same DV Dongle software in my Dell laptop. When I plug in the DV Dongle, the DV Dongle software says it can't find/can't see the DV Dongle. I talked to Robin Cutshaw, AA4RC, at Dayton 2013 about this issue. I recall him saying you have to rename some files for the DV Dongle to work?

      Can anyone shed some light on this? I would really like to get the DV Dongle working on my laptop.

      73,

      Bob, NU3Q

    • pughwj
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2013

        Bob,

        You might need to download the driver to the laptop.

        Good luck,

        Warren

        KC9IL

        2. Select “Install the software automatically” and click “Next>” to install the FT232R USB UART driver.  If the driver is not found, download the driver fromhttp://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm by clicking on the “setup executable” link on that web page.  Run the downloaded executable and the drivers will be automatically installed.