DVTool and Mac Mini

  • nqrangerover
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 25, 2013
      When I attempt to install, I get the message that DV Tool will not run on a Mac Mini
    • Don Woodward
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 25, 2013

        VK4MDX:

        Are you running version 2 Beta 5?

        DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe

        I run it on a MacBook Pro just fine – I don’t know why it wouldn’t also run on a Mac Mini.

        73's

        Don Woodward

        Ball Ground, GA

        KD4APP

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 25, 2013
          Can you run windows software on a mac mini ? I never knew that.

          I would have tried DVTool-2.0beta5-mac.dmg

          Adrian ... vk4tux

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 25, 2013

            Sorry – sent wrong link – point was to get 2.0 beta 5

            BTW, plenty of ways to run Windows software on a Mac – I personally use VMware fusion to do so when a real Mac program is not available.

            Thanks and 73's

            Don Woodward

            Ball Ground, GA

            KD4APP

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 25, 2013

              I have a 2012 Mac Mini and the DV Dongle runs fine, as does a DVAP.

              I think (from memory) I did the USB drivers first then the Beta 5 software.

              I used Parallels on my Mac Mini and it again, runs the DV Dongle and DVAP fine as well.

              In Parallels I have Windows XP SP3 installed - works great!

              Mark ZL2UFI