DVTool and Mac Mini

  • nqrangerover
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25 12:41 AM
      When I attempt to install, I get the message that DV Tool will not run on a Mac Mini
    • Don Woodward
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 25 10:38 AM

        VK4MDX:

        Are you running version 2 Beta 5?

        DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe

        I run it on a MacBook Pro just fine – I don’t know why it wouldn’t also run on a Mac Mini.

        73's

        Don Woodward

        Ball Ground, GA

        KD4APP

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 25 6:19 PM

          Sorry – sent wrong link – point was to get 2.0 beta 5

          BTW, plenty of ways to run Windows software on a Mac – I personally use VMware fusion to do so when a real Mac program is not available.

          Thanks and 73's

          Don Woodward

          Ball Ground, GA

          KD4APP

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 25 11:56 PM

            I have a 2012 Mac Mini and the DV Dongle runs fine, as does a DVAP.

            I think (from memory) I did the USB drivers first then the Beta 5 software.

            I used Parallels on my Mac Mini and it again, runs the DV Dongle and DVAP fine as well.

            In Parallels I have Windows XP SP3 installed - works great!

            Mark ZL2UFI