wireless headset

  • wolobmp
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2013

      hello all. I am looking for a good sounding wireless single ear headset to use with the dongle and looking for suggestions. do not want a headset wired version or dual ear headset, just a single mono style is fine.

      if its Bluetooth, then that's fine too.

      any suggestions? price is not a concern as much as performance and being quality built.

      thank you...73..mike

    • William E Ott
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 24, 2013
        My experience is that Bluetooth devices sound really crappy for packet based and compressed voice network applications.  I've tried several from real cheap ones to some in the $300 range. Ws not happy with any of them.  If you find something that works well, please let me know which it is.

        Good luck,

        Bill

        --

        **************************
        William E Ott
        Chief Security Consultant
        CPCS Technologies
        weo@...
        www.cpcstech.com
        919-386-8033  office
        919-386-0447  direct
        919-238-9555  primary wireless / SMS
        919-398-2279  secondary wireless
        800-391-7574  fax
        williameott         Skype
        weo                   Silent Circle SMS
        1-567-252-5380   Silent Circle Voice
        **************************

        Learn to secure and encrypt your email: http://www.secure-my-email.com/

      • Ioannis Kokovidis
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 25, 2013
          Hello Mike..
          Greetings from Greece...As soon as there is no price matter for you, I can suggest the latest Cordless headset by Logitech...It is mostly for Playstations but is Bluetooth compatible..Also Has ONE earphone  and it is fully ajustable.(left or right ear) so you have the other ear free ..to listen to something else !!! (hi-hi)..BUT this one is very new product and will be available in the USA and Europe about in November...The model's name is  Logitech Vantage Bluetooth Headset....And it's suggested price is about 79.99 I think...(you'll have to find out by yourself !!)Have a look at this utube video..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H4Ujg2XYAw Also I'ved found a used set @ amazon.com for 24.99USD !!!
          Personally I use the cheapest Logitech USB set but the normal one with the USB terminated cord and I had till now, very good voice reports from my contacts!!!
          Sometimes also I use the normal Bluetooth of my phone....Many of them are compatible with computers's bluetooth dongles...Also this one has good voice reports..(It's an  LG bluetooth earphone..It's about 20 or 30 euros but does the job nicely!!!).
          The most obvious reason to use a normal USB set is, that you have to be by the computer to hit the PTT button of the DV Dongle program!!!!There is not any other way to reach it from a distance !!!
          Of course you can use any other marques...There are many of them..Just Google the words Bluetooth headset: and you'll see !!!Be shure that as soon as it is USB headset EVEN the cheapest one, you'll have a nice ,smooth and rich modulation with your DV Dongle.EXEPT If you have a very nice on board sound card!!! Then... ANY microphone will do the job !!!!
          Regards
          SV2LLJ
          Ioannis
          Greece

          Απο: "wolobmp@..." <wolobmp@...>
          Προς: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
          Στάλθηκε: 1:40 π.μ. Τετάρτη, 25 Σεπτεμβρίου 2013
          Θέμα: [DVDongle] wireless headset