Re: [DVDongle] RE: A Problem

  • nhorv75597
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 20, 2013
      Google: DVTool2.0beta5 and download it, you will have no more problem.

      Good luck.

      73, Nick
      KJ4BSM

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 20, 2013

        Bruce:

        Thanks so much – I got through all of that finally last night except I was unaware of the new version – I’ll give it a try tonight.  The other issue I may be facing is that I’m trying to use it on the hotel wireless down here in Clearwater – I know one of the requirements is a “high speed internet connection” so this might not qualify which is disappointing if true as I spend a lot of time on the road.

        Don

        KD4APP

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 20, 2013

          Thanks!

          73,

          Don Woodward

          KD4APP

            I can't get this &%^&*)% to work - I have tried multiple versions of Java - version 7 - no PTT button - dropped back to 6.40 - no PTT, finally 6.4 and PTT button but when I connect no MYCALL at bottom.

          Please help.

          Don Woodward

          KD4APP

          I am very surprised the http://dvdongle.com/DV_Dongle/Installation.html site install directions still points to the java version;

          1. "8. Download the DVTool application archive file using a web browser by enteringhttp://www.dvdongle.com/downloads/DVTool-dist.zip and extract the DVTool folder onto your Windows Desktop.  The folder should look similar to the picture to the right.  Double click on the file DVTool.jar.  If the application starts, you are ready to go to the Using the DV Dongle page listed at the top of this page."

            For Windows;

          However here is the latest & best;

          DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe

          Download to desktop .

          run   http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20830_Setup.exe

          Plug DV Dongle in

          Run  DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe on desktop., follow the interactive gui popup's & select tabs to setup.

          Example of GUI 2B4, but very similar to 2B5;

          Adrian ... vk4tux

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 20, 2013

            Latest version was the key to getting it working for me – thanks again for all the assistance here.

            I now have it working under Fusion on my Macbook Pro and native on the Mac J

            Don Woodward

            KD4APP