Re: [DVDongle] Re: Membership required

  • Auto_Prof1
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 25, 2013
      Make sure you're selecting a particular mode  A, B, C, etc.  IF you have the asterisk selected your PTT will be disabled.

      For instance Reflector 001-C  for the 2 meter band.  IF you have 001-* selected you can monitor all the modes but your PTT is DOA.

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 26, 2013
        Thanks to all. I finally figured it out.
        73 de VE6AGE / Denis

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 28, 2013
          Could you please explain to me what you mean by adding another terminal with a space in the 8th position? Thanks for the help.
          73 de VE6AGE / Denis here in Medicine Hat, Alberta CANADA

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Fran Miele <fran@...> wrote:

          > Form what I can see you only registered your call with a "D" in the 8th
          > position, so would need to make sure the call yo have in the DONGLE is the
          > same. You also need to add another terminal with a space in the 8th
          > position. Have you r friend tell you ow to do that.
          >

          > --Fran, W1FJM
          >

          > <http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ccdl.us%2F>
          > <http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.miele-family.com%2Fweather>
          >

          > IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
          > They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received
          > this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not
          > disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.
          >

          > On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM, CIW326 <ve6age@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hello again, well with some help from a friend, I am now on but for some
          > > reason my PTT doesn't seem to work for me. Where did I go wrong?
          > > I am on AC7O Utah. Thanks for the help VE6AGE
          > >
          > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "CIW326" <ve6age@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hello to all. I bought a DV Dongle not thinking that one doesn't need a
          > > membership to use. As far as I can tell you need to talk to a local manager
          > > which in my situation will never happen. I had the impression that all one
          > > needed to do was upload the driver and go for it. I think I was wrong. So
          > > never the lest it's going to be for sale. I sent a membership form last
          > > week and still haven't heard a thing. Going back to EchoLink.

        • vk4tux
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 28, 2013

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "CIW326" wrote:

            > Could you please explain to me what you mean by adding another terminal with a space in the 8th position? Thanks for the help.

            http://www.dstargateway.org/D-Star_Registration.html

          • Fran Miele
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 29, 2013

              Click on personal information:

              You will see the following screen with your information!!!!:

              HERE IS WHERE YOU REGISTER YOUR CALLSIGN(S) / RADIO(S) ON THE SYSTEM.

              DO NOT delete the one you already have there.

              1) Place a check next to the 2nd line with your callsign.

              2) Click on the Initial box and put a "space" by hitting the space bar in that box

              3) Click under the pcname and type in your callsign in lower case

              4) Do NOT check the RPT box

              5) Click on update.

              6) When done MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON THE LOGOUT!!!!!! Otherwise YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO LOG BACK IN UNTIL THE SESSION TIMES OUT!!!!

              --Fran

              --Fran

              On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 1:07 AM, vk4tux <vk4tux@...> wrote:

              --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "CIW326" wrote:

              > Could you please explain to me what you mean by adding another terminal with a space in the 8th position? Thanks for the help.

              http://www.dstargateway.org/D-Star_Registration.html

            • W Paul Mills
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 29, 2013
                On a dstar radio the 8th position of callsign is a device indicator.
                Each callsign can have up to 8 of these. This 8th character is generally
                a space or a capital letter. It is not necessary to define one of these
                on your registration gateway system as a space unless you choose to use
                one of your devices or radios with a space instead of a letter.

                --
                * Amateur Radio Station AC0HY *
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 30, 2013
                  Good day to all and thanks for the help. I do now think I have it set up the right way. If not, please let me know and I will correct it ASAP. How do I show "DV Dongle" in there? That should be my last question. hihi