Membership required

  • CIW326
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 20 6:40 PM
      Hello to all. I bought a DV Dongle not thinking that one doesn't need a membership to use. As far as I can tell you need to talk to a local manager which in my situation will never happen. I had the impression that all one needed to do was upload the driver and go for it. I think I was wrong. So never the lest it's going to be for sale. I sent a membership form last week and still haven't heard a thing. Going back to EchoLink.
    • Dave (MW0RUH)
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 21 5:38 AM
        I’m sure somebody will register you, if you receive no response in the next 24 hours, I will do it for you, however it is frowned upon unless its local to you.

        Regards

        DAVE

        Hello to all. I bought a DV Dongle not thinking that one doesn't need a membership to use. As far as I can tell you need to talk to a local manager which in my situation will never happen. I had the impression that all one needed to do was upload the driver and go for it. I think I was wrong. So never the lest it's going to be for sale. I sent a membership form last week and still haven't heard a thing. Going back to EchoLink.

      • ny_navymom
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 21 5:59 AM
          You can join ANY group by merely visiting their website. Here are two for your consideration but remember only join ONCE.

          My club's dstar gateway https://k4wpb.dstargateway.org/Dstar.do

          Another club in FL with a large member base https://www.w4bug.net/Dstar.do

          Good Luck
          Bev
          K1BEV

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "CIW326" <ve6age@...> wrote:

          > Hello to all. I bought a DV Dongle not thinking that one doesn't need a membership to use. As far as I can tell you need to talk to a local manager which in my situation will never happen. I had the impression that all one needed to do was upload the driver and go for it. I think I was wrong. So never the lest it's going to be for sale. I sent a membership form last week and still haven't heard a thing. Going back to EchoLink.

        • John Davis
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 21 6:13 AM

            I’ll be glad to register you if you like.

            John WB4QDX

            Hello to all. I bought a DV Dongle not thinking that one doesn't need a membership to use. As far as I can tell you need to talk to a local manager which in my situation will never happen. I had the impression that all one needed to do was upload the driver and go for it. I think I was wrong. So never the lest it's going to be for sale. I sent a membership form last week and still haven't heard a thing. Going back to EchoLink.

          • Auto_Prof1
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 21 7:16 AM
              I live in an area where there are no local D-Star systems.  Looked up a system about 35 miles to my northeast.  Sent the listed coordinator a note and within 24 hours was registered on the system.  This was about 2 or 3 years ago.  I love D-Star !

              Chip - K9MIT

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 25 3:07 PM
                Hello again, well with some help from a friend, I am now on but for some reason my PTT doesn't seem to work for me. Where did I go wrong?
                I am on AC7O Utah. Thanks for the help VE6AGE

                --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "CIW326" <ve6age@...> wrote:

                > Hello to all. I bought a DV Dongle not thinking that one doesn't need a membership to use. As far as I can tell you need to talk to a local manager which in my situation will never happen. I had the impression that all one needed to do was upload the driver and go for it. I think I was wrong. So never the lest it's going to be for sale. I sent a membership form last week and still haven't heard a thing. Going back to EchoLink.

              • Fran Miele
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 25 3:24 PM
                  Form what I can see you only registered your call with a "D" in the 8th position, so would need to make sure the call yo have in the DONGLE is the same. You also need to add another terminal with a space in the 8th position. Have you r friend tell you ow to do that.

                  --Fran, W1FJM

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 25 3:27 PM
                    Make sure you're selecting a particular mode  A, B, C, etc.  IF you have the asterisk selected your PTT will be disabled.

                    For instance Reflector 001-C  for the 2 meter band.  IF you have 001-* selected you can monitor all the modes but your PTT is DOA.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 26 6:11 PM
                      Thanks to all. I finally figured it out.
                      73 de VE6AGE / Denis

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 28 9:36 AM
                        Could you please explain to me what you mean by adding another terminal with a space in the 8th position? Thanks for the help.
                        73 de VE6AGE / Denis here in Medicine Hat, Alberta CANADA

                        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Fran Miele <fran@...> wrote:

                        > Form what I can see you only registered your call with a "D" in the 8th
                        > position, so would need to make sure the call yo have in the DONGLE is the
                        > same. You also need to add another terminal with a space in the 8th
                        > position. Have you r friend tell you ow to do that.
                        >

                        > --Fran, W1FJM
                        >

                        > <http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ccdl.us%2F>
                        > <http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.miele-family.com%2Fweather>
                        >

                        > IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
                        > They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received
                        > this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not
                        > disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.
                        >

                        > On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM, CIW326 <ve6age@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > **
                        > >

                        > > Hello again, well with some help from a friend, I am now on but for some
                        > > reason my PTT doesn't seem to work for me. Where did I go wrong?
                        > > I am on AC7O Utah. Thanks for the help VE6AGE
                        > >
                        > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "CIW326" <ve6age@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Hello to all. I bought a DV Dongle not thinking that one doesn't need a
                        > > membership to use. As far as I can tell you need to talk to a local manager
                        > > which in my situation will never happen. I had the impression that all one
                        > > needed to do was upload the driver and go for it. I think I was wrong. So
                        > > never the lest it's going to be for sale. I sent a membership form last
                        > > week and still haven't heard a thing. Going back to EchoLink.

                      • vk4tux
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 28 10:07 PM

                          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "CIW326" wrote:

                          > Could you please explain to me what you mean by adding another terminal with a space in the 8th position? Thanks for the help.

                          http://www.dstargateway.org/D-Star_Registration.html

                        • Fran Miele
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 29 9:14 AM

                            Click on personal information:

                            You will see the following screen with your information!!!!:

                            HERE IS WHERE YOU REGISTER YOUR CALLSIGN(S) / RADIO(S) ON THE SYSTEM.

                            DO NOT delete the one you already have there.

                            1) Place a check next to the 2nd line with your callsign.

                            2) Click on the Initial box and put a "space" by hitting the space bar in that box

                            3) Click under the pcname and type in your callsign in lower case

                            4) Do NOT check the RPT box

                            5) Click on update.

                            6) When done MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON THE LOGOUT!!!!!! Otherwise YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO LOG BACK IN UNTIL THE SESSION TIMES OUT!!!!

                            --Fran

                            --Fran

                            On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 1:07 AM, vk4tux <vk4tux@...> wrote:

                            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "CIW326" wrote:

                            > Could you please explain to me what you mean by adding another terminal with a space in the 8th position? Thanks for the help.

                            http://www.dstargateway.org/D-Star_Registration.html

                          • W Paul Mills
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 29 1:52 PM
                              On a dstar radio the 8th position of callsign is a device indicator.
                              Each callsign can have up to 8 of these. This 8th character is generally
                              a space or a capital letter. It is not necessary to define one of these
                              on your registration gateway system as a space unless you choose to use
                              one of your devices or radios with a space instead of a letter.

                              --
                              * Amateur Radio Station AC0HY *
                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 30 8:13 AM
                                Good day to all and thanks for the help. I do now think I have it set up the right way. If not, please let me know and I will correct it ASAP. How do I show "DV Dongle" in there? That should be my last question. hihi