Re: Hello to all

  • ki4umx
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2008
      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Fast" <adamfast@...> wrote:

      > Joesph,
      >
      > Welcome to D-Star. In order to be active on the dongle both yourself
      > and your XYL will need to be registered on the network. Your address
      > shows Jefferson, GA - looks like from the map the closest repeater to
      > you is WD4STR Lawrenceville/NE Atl - you'll want to get in touch
      > with whoever runs the repeater (can probably be done via RF from one
      > of your radios - you don't have to be registered to talk on the
      > repeater itself, just the internet linked portion - and find out how
      > they're handling registrations. dstarusers.org doesn't show what
      > their Gateway Version 2 registration site is.

      Here is the info for GA users:

      "The W4DOC and WD4STR repeaters have now been converted to the new
      Icom G2 gateway software. All users must use the web registration
      mechanism, even if you were registered for the version 1 system.

      Please go to http://www.dstargateway.org/ for step by step
      instructions on the registration process.

      This registration server is for Georgia users only. Please use the
      registration server in your city/state to register. If you don't have
      a gateway server near you, please send an email to aa4rc@... and
      I'll help you find the right place to get registered."

      Hope this helps

      Hank - KI4UMX