Re: dead in the water on install

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17, 2013
      Hi Steve. Sometimes, the drivers have already been installed if you have plugged in a device that uses the same FTDI chipset. If your DV Dongle is slowly pulsing green, the drivers are probably there. If not, you need to go to the www.ftdichip.com web site and install the VCP drivers for Windows.

      Once your device is pulsing green, download:

      http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe

      That version of the software should work much better for you.

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "skercel" <skercel@...> wrote:

      > I've tried installing the dongle on a windows 7 and an XP computer. In neither case does it behave like the dongle documentation say it should. The install wizard does not appear in either case.
      >
      > How do I proceed.
      >
      > Steve
      > AA4AK

    • skercel
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 18, 2013
        Robin:

        Thanks most kindly. I did what you said. Everything works fine.

        73,

        Steve
        AA4AK