Re: Set up a DV Dongle in assisted living center

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 16 5:05 PM
      Hi (didn't get your name).

      The DVTool software connects to reflectors and gateways just like the DVAP.

      The Pin was in an older version of the software. Download and run:

      http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe

      That should work much better for you.

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "kf5wck" <jac1@...> wrote:

      > I have a DVAP but I want to help my uncle get set up in the retirement home and I was thinking about a DV Dongle. I am a bit confused with what I have seen. Does it connect directly to the Reflectors like you can with the DVAP? What is the Pin # used for? I am trying to to make this too complicated for him to follow. If it does not work like a DVAP I may have to get permission to set up a DVAP and a radio for him.

    • ja1scw
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 16 5:59 PM
        Hi,

        Many reflectors and gateways can be seen on my screen, but it seems to be unable to connect to the gateways located just in Japan. Is this an issue of that G1 and G2 protocol? I am very happy if this can be fixed.

        73 de JA1SCW on the Island of Olive in Japan

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

        > Hi (didn't get your name).
        >
        > The DVTool software connects to reflectors and gateways just like the DVAP.
        >
        > The Pin was in an older version of the software. Download and run:
        >
        > http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe
        >
        > That should work much better for you.

        > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "kf5wck" <jac1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have a DVAP but I want to help my uncle get set up in the retirement home and I was thinking about a DV Dongle. I am a bit confused with what I have seen. Does it connect directly to the Reflectors like you can with the DVAP? What is the Pin # used for? I am trying to to make this too complicated for him to follow. If it does not work like a DVAP I may have to get permission to set up a DVAP and a radio for him.

      • kf5wck
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 19 3:06 PM
          Hi Robin, Is there a new file for the MacBook that is like this one you sent me for windows? If so I wold like a kink to it as well.
          73, John KF5WCK

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 19 3:17 PM
            Hi John. The folder at http://opendstar.org/tools contains several different programs. The Mac version is:

            http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta5-mac.dmg

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "kf5wck" <jac1@...> wrote:

            > Hi Robin, Is there a new file for the MacBook that is like this one you sent me for windows? If so I wold like a kink to it as well.
            > 73, John KF5WCK
            >
            > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi (didn't get your name).
            > >
            > > The DVTool software connects to reflectors and gateways just like the DVAP.
            > >
            > > The Pin was in an older version of the software. Download and run:
            > >
            > > http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe
            > >
            > > That should work much better for you.

            > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "kf5wck" <jac1@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I have a DVAP but I want to help my uncle get set up in the retirement home and I was thinking about a DV Dongle. I am a bit confused with what I have seen. Does it connect directly to the Reflectors like you can with the DVAP? What is the Pin # used for? I am trying to to make this too complicated for him to follow. If it does not work like a DVAP I may have to get permission to set up a DVAP and a radio for him.

          • Ioannis Kokovidis
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 20 12:31 AM
              DEAR ROBIN GOOD MORNING..
              PLEASE ..REMIND ME ...
              IT'S ABOUT A NEW AND CLEAR  DVDONGLE (THE BLUE ONE ) INSTALLATION ON A WIN7 64 BIT COMPUTER..
              THE USER IS ALREADY REGISTERED...
              BESIDES OF THE  http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe  WE HAVE TO INSTALL, I THINK WE HAVE TO PREVIOUSLY INSTALL  A "PROGRAMM" FOR THE USB SLOT..ISN'T IT ? SOMETHING LIKE THIS I RECALL E?
              OR IT IS RECOGNISABLE FROM THE SYSTEM ITSELF? ( AND DOWNLOADS THE DRIVERS  AUTOMATICALLY BY THE WIN7 ?) IT HAS BEEN A LOOOONG TIME AND FORGOT IT !!!! SORRY !!
               DE SV2LLJ ( IOANNIS )
              GREECE...

              Απο: aa4rc <aa4rc@...>
              Προς: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
              Στάλθηκε: 1:17 π.μ. Σάββατο, 20 Ιουλίου 2013
              Θέμα: [DVDongle] Re: Set up a DV Dongle in assisted living center

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 20 7:58 AM
                Hi Ioannis. When you plug in the DV Dongle, it should take you through the FTDI USB driver install automatically. If it does not, check to see if the green led is slowly pulsing. That would show that the drivers are already installed. If there are no lights, you will have to manually install the drivers from http://www.ftdichip.com Take a look at the instructions at www.dvdongle.com for more details.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 20 10:45 AM
                  Thanks Robin..That's what I recall too...But sometimes things change !!!!
                  Anyway thanks again..
                  de SV2LLJ
                  Greece

                  Απο: aa4rc <aa4rc@...>
                  Προς: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
                  Στάλθηκε: 5:58 μ.μ. Σάββατο, 20 Ιουλίου 2013
                  Θέμα: Σχετ: [DVDongle] Re: Set up a DV Dongle in assisted living center