Virgin DV Dongle

  • gary
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2013
      Got it at HRO at Dayton.Got it home-found DV Dongle page,was instructed to plug the Dongle in and the found new hardware screen would pop up and then I should continue on,,,Well the dongle didn't trip the found new hardware screen after I plugged it in and that was over a month ago when I got home from Dayton.Tried it again tonight and same story.Light comes on,but that's all....Gary-wi3l
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 26, 2013
        Hi Gary. If the green light is pulsing, the drivers are probably already installed. Delete the DVTool version 1 software and download:

        http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe

        and run it to install the latest beta. If you run DVTool and it does not find the DV Dongle, download:

        http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolTest.exe

        and place it in the same folder as DVTool.exe (should be DVTool folder). Then double click on DVToolTest to try it.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "gary" <mobile3l@...> wrote:

        > Got it at HRO at Dayton.Got it home-found DV Dongle page,was instructed to plug the Dongle in and the found new hardware screen would pop up and then I should continue on,,,Well the dongle didn't trip the found new hardware screen after I plugged it in and that was over a month ago when I got home from Dayton.Tried it again tonight and same story.Light comes on,but that's all....Gary-wi3l

      • gary b
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2013
          Hi Robin...Hope this isn't a double. Just lost the last reply I started. Anyhow,I got the software installed,and put my call in,and tried to figure out how it was going to work-gave up,and cracked open the book I got at Dayton,The Nifty Guide by N6FN,and I have been cramming this evening. Somewhere I have a headset around here I had for Echolink that I haven't found yet.That is about where I am at the moment.I think U nailed it about the drivers.I guess its functioning ok,because I got a screen and filled in what I understood.So thanks for bailing me out and I will probably be knocking again one of these days! 73, wi3l