Re: Linux issue

  • Martin02
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2013
      What I had to do was open a terminal window and run it from the terminal. That way you can see what your errors might be and what it was doing just before it crashed.

      For DVTool v2.0 Beta 5, I needed to modify DVTool.sh a little bit.

      Added a line to CD to the folder that DVTool was running from and insert pasupender between the load Library command and the call to the DVTool executable.

      Once you get it working from the terminal, you can create a shortcut for your customized DVTool.sh script.

      This is pretty much a nasty hack, but it works.

      #!/bin/bash

      cd /home/[login-name]/Desktop/DVTool2

      LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:. pasuspender ./DVTool

      Next on my agenda is to see if I can figure out how to get PulseAudio to play nice with DVTool and FreeDV without having to kill the PA server first. My expectation is that I will be able to run FreeDV and DVTool simultaneously using the same USB headset.

      Sweetness is just over the horizon. :)

      Good luck!!!

      Luther