Re: can't get dv tool to open the dvdongle on my Macbook pro

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20, 2013
      Hi Sam. That happens if you move any of the programs out of the dvtool folder or if you click on the java file instead of the file simply named "dvtool".

      That said, there is a much better program to download and try:

      http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta5-mac.dmg

      It has much more functionality and also runs faster.

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "sage" <sam.kloberdanz@...> wrote:

      > Everytime I try and open the dvdongle i get a message can't find ascpseriald.imac. They are both in the same folder on my desktop. Any suggestions?

    • Sam L Kloberdanz
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 20, 2013
        ok that seemed to work. any place to test audio while i wait for my registration to be ok'd?

        Sam L Kloberdanz
        N0GTO

        On Apr 20, 2013, at 6:36 PM, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

        Hi Sam. That happens if you move any of the programs out of the dvtool folder or if you click on the java file instead of the file simply named "dvtool".

        That said, there is a much better program to download and try:

        http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta5-mac.dmg

        It has much more functionality and also runs faster.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "sage" <sam.kloberdanz@...> wrote:

        > Everytime I try and open the dvdongle i get a message can't find ascpseriald.imac. They are both in the same folder on my desktop. Any suggestions?

      • sage
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 20, 2013
          OK that worked well thank you. Now I just need to get my registration approved so I can try it out. Thank you again...

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

          > Hi Sam. That happens if you move any of the programs out of the dvtool folder or if you click on the java file instead of the file simply named "dvtool".
          >
          > That said, there is a much better program to download and try:
          >
          > http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta5-mac.dmg
          >
          > It has much more functionality and also runs faster.

          > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "sage" <sam.kloberdanz@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Everytime I try and open the dvdongle i get a message can't find ascpseriald.imac. They are both in the same folder on my desktop. Any suggestions?

        • n2tnk
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 21, 2013
            Sam,
            If you select any of the reflectors say REF001 and for the mode you select E this puts the dongle in ECHO mode and you an test the audio all you want and noone will hear you.

            Welcome to D-Star!

            73's
            Bill
            N2TNK