can't get dv tool to open the dvdongle on my Macbook pro

  • sage
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20 5:26 PM
      Everytime I try and open the dvdongle i get a message can't find ascpseriald.imac. They are both in the same folder on my desktop. Any suggestions?
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 20 5:36 PM
        Hi Sam. That happens if you move any of the programs out of the dvtool folder or if you click on the java file instead of the file simply named "dvtool".

        That said, there is a much better program to download and try:

        http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta5-mac.dmg

        It has much more functionality and also runs faster.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "sage" <sam.kloberdanz@...> wrote:

        > Everytime I try and open the dvdongle i get a message can't find ascpseriald.imac. They are both in the same folder on my desktop. Any suggestions?

      • Sam L Kloberdanz
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 20 5:53 PM
          ok that seemed to work. any place to test audio while i wait for my registration to be ok'd?

          Sam L Kloberdanz
          N0GTO

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 20 6:01 PM
            OK that worked well thank you. Now I just need to get my registration approved so I can try it out. Thank you again...

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

            > Hi Sam. That happens if you move any of the programs out of the dvtool folder or if you click on the java file instead of the file simply named "dvtool".
            >
            > That said, there is a much better program to download and try:
            >
            > http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta5-mac.dmg
            >
            > It has much more functionality and also runs faster.

            > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "sage" <sam.kloberdanz@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Everytime I try and open the dvdongle i get a message can't find ascpseriald.imac. They are both in the same folder on my desktop. Any suggestions?

          • n2tnk
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 21 4:33 AM
              Sam,
              If you select any of the reflectors say REF001 and for the mode you select E this puts the dongle in ECHO mode and you an test the audio all you want and noone will hear you.

              Welcome to D-Star!

              73's
              Bill
              N2TNK