Re: DV Dongle Connection

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 17, 2013
      You need to be registered somewhere in the D-STAR network in order to transmit when connected to a reflector. You do not have to be registered to listen.

      Make sure you have followed all of the registration instructions at www.dstargateway.org.

      Danny, the database does not show your callsign registered anywhere.

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Potteiger <jpotteiger@...> wrote:

      > Hi Danny:
      >
      > You normally don't need to register to operate on a Reflector. You need to have your Callsign registered in the D-Star system but that's it. Do you get the list of all of the reflectors and if so are you locked out of all of them?
      >
      > Jeff
      >
      > Sent from my iPad
      >
      > On Apr 13, 2013, at 5:40 PM, "Danny Bailey" <kb8stk2003@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I want to know where i need to go register to get on a reflector to talk i am registered local but unable to connect to any reflectors says I am not registered would to know how
      > >
      > > 73
      > > Danny KB8STK

    • Bharathi Prasad
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 19
        Dear robin
        I have purchased new computer . My SV dongle software in my old computer how to use this software in my new computer I don't remember pass word too it is automatic in my old computer
        Best regards
        Bharthi

        Sent from my iPhone

        On 15-Apr-2013, at 6:27 PM, aa4rc <aa4rc@...> wrote:

        Hi Danny. I don't see your callsign registered in the system. Make sure you follow all of the instructions at www.dstargateway.org for registration.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Danny Bailey" <kb8stk2003@...> wrote:

        > I want to know where i need to go register to get on a reflector to talk i am registered local but unable to connect to any reflectors says I am not registered would to know how
        >
        > 73
        > Danny KB8STK

      • ctx944
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 22
          Hello Robin,

          Have not been up here on Yahoo for a very long time. Forgot how to find you.

          Upgraded to a HP Touch Notebook with Windows 10.

          Had my past version of DVTools and installed. It worked .. but said there was a newer version, So I downloaded it, installed and got the following message.

          The ordinal 80 could not be located in the dynamic link library
          c:\Itils\Ham Radio\DVTool\DVTool.exe

          Problem, i erased the older vrs and now can not use my DVDongle.

          Please direct me to an older vrs or suggest how to fix.

          Could you reply also to my main email .. chuck@...

          Thanks for your help, as always ..

          Have a great year.

          Chuck  WB8WHN

          Holland, MI
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 23
            Hi Chuck.  You just need to download and update your FTDI USB drivers from www.ftdichip.com (VCP drivers).

          • ctx944
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 24
              Good Day Robin,

              Thanks for taking time to reply.. I did get vrs 2.1 DVTool to work on mew Notebook with Windows 10.

              Also downloaded drivers ..

              Should I use 64 bit or 32 bit?  Assume 32 bit.. but wish to be sure.

              Do you have a web page with new products to review?

              Thanks again Robin .. Hope to see you at Dayton this year.

              Chuck   WB8WHN
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 29
                Hi Chuck.  You just need to match the O/S on 32/64 bit.

                Our latest product is the DV3K Dongle:  www.dv3kdongle.com