Windows 8 Compatibility?

  • jscherberth
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
      Has anyone successfully installed the DVDongle on Windows 8? If so, I would appreciate the details of installation.

      Thank you,

      Jay Scherberth
      K7NJS
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
        Hi Jay. It should be the same process for installing on Windows 8 as 7.

        Make sure you are running the latest software from:

        http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "jscherberth" <jay@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone successfully installed the DVDongle on Windows 8? If so, I would appreciate the details of installation.
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Jay Scherberth
        > K7NJS

      • Kent

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 17, 2014

            running http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe

            but not able to install the dongle. can not fine new hardware. no driver.

            any tips

            Rob in Calgary VE6CL

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 17, 2014
              Hi Rob.  If you weren't online when you first plugged in the DV Dongle, you'll need to go to:

              and download the drivers for your platform.

            • ve6ccl
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 18, 2014
                Up and running now.
                That was the missing link.