Re: [DVDongle] DV Dongle as a belt pack

  • William E Ott
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2013
      Raspberry Pi will run the DVAP fine, it is not strong enough to run
      the DV Dongle.

      On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Barry <k0bsb@...> wrote:
      > There are some problems with getting Repeater coverage in my area, especially at my home. I was thinking that I could use a Raspberry PI, DV Dongle, sound card with headphones/mike a wifi usb card and my iphone as a wireless hotspot and make a belt pack portable. If so what software do I use. I don't have my RPI or Dongle yet so I'd like to get up on the software. Also on my boat I know I will never get repeater coverage. Any Help here?
      >
      > 73,
      > Barry K0BSB

    • Tom Loughney
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2013
        I don't expect the DV Dongle to work with the Pi. You can do that with a DVAP but you need a D-Star radio to talk to the DVAP with. There is some discussion i the DVAP forum about that and I know Robin has been working an a Pi version of that software.

        I have not tried any of the Windows based phones or tablets but if you can interface USB to them it might work with a Dongle. Try installing the DVTool software and see if it runs. You can do that without buying a Dongle.

        Tom
        AJ4XM

      • k4rjj@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2014

          Can you expand on this or can anyone else chime in?  Could I use a more powerful machine such as Beaglebone Black?