Re: Missed keepalive from gateway...

  • kb4t_ham_radio
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 19 8:12 PM
      Here's a follow-up:

      1. First... Thank you to Robin and the others who responded to my note.

      2. It turns out that things are OK on my end. I conducted a few experiments after I read the comments in reply to my note.

      3. I have two dongles here at the house on 2 different Windows 7 computers. I had been connecting to only one gateway most of the time and from that gateway I got the "missed keepalive."

      4. I connected both computers to different gateways that I don't usually use. No "Missed keepalives" on either computer.

      5. I connected the faster of the two computers to the gateway I usually use and saw "missed keepalives" while the slower computer didn't see those errors from another gateway.

      6. I connected both computers to the usual gateway and the "missed keepalives" occurred identically on both computers.

      7. It turns out that most "other" gateways than the one I usually use almost never produce "missed keepalives." The usual gateway produces them fairly often.

      Conclusion: my usual gateway has connectivity issues...not me.

      Live and learn.

      Thanks to all.

      73,

      Frank N. Haas KB4T