Re: Missed keepalive from gateway...
- Here's a follow-up:
1. First... Thank you to Robin and the others who responded to my note.
2. It turns out that things are OK on my end. I conducted a few experiments after I read the comments in reply to my note.
3. I have two dongles here at the house on 2 different Windows 7 computers. I had been connecting to only one gateway most of the time and from that gateway I got the "missed keepalive."
4. I connected both computers to different gateways that I don't usually use. No "Missed keepalives" on either computer.
5. I connected the faster of the two computers to the gateway I usually use and saw "missed keepalives" while the slower computer didn't see those errors from another gateway.
6. I connected both computers to the usual gateway and the "missed keepalives" occurred identically on both computers.
7. It turns out that most "other" gateways than the one I usually use almost never produce "missed keepalives." The usual gateway produces them fairly often.
Conclusion: my usual gateway has connectivity issues...not me.
Live and learn.
Thanks to all.
Frank N. Haas KB4T
--- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "kb4t_ham_radio" <kb4t@...> wrote:
> I frequently see "missed keepalive from gateway, count = x" where the count will go up to 3 or 5. I do an "INFO" check on the gateway to which I'm connected and the data updates in an instant. I can always transmit whenever I want without any obvious problem. This leads me to believe that something is occasionally getting in the way of the Dongle's operation.