RE: [DVDongle] Missed keepalive from gateway...

  • Ryan Kelzenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18 4:27 PM

      More than likely the keep alive signal is being missed because of the network connections on the side of the gateway and not on your end.

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 19 8:12 PM
        Here's a follow-up:

        1. First... Thank you to Robin and the others who responded to my note.

        2. It turns out that things are OK on my end. I conducted a few experiments after I read the comments in reply to my note.

        3. I have two dongles here at the house on 2 different Windows 7 computers. I had been connecting to only one gateway most of the time and from that gateway I got the "missed keepalive."

        4. I connected both computers to different gateways that I don't usually use. No "Missed keepalives" on either computer.

        5. I connected the faster of the two computers to the gateway I usually use and saw "missed keepalives" while the slower computer didn't see those errors from another gateway.

        6. I connected both computers to the usual gateway and the "missed keepalives" occurred identically on both computers.

        7. It turns out that most "other" gateways than the one I usually use almost never produce "missed keepalives." The usual gateway produces them fairly often.

        Conclusion: my usual gateway has connectivity issues...not me.

        Live and learn.

        Thanks to all.

        73,

        Frank N. Haas KB4T