Re: [DVDongle] Re: Raspberry Pi and DVDongle

  • Roy Jackson
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2013
      I have not gotten that far. I am still looking for what software to try to install. My USB hub is capable of external power. I can look for a wall wart to run it with, if I get the proper software. Thanks for your suggestion.

      Roy KW4G

      On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Scott Roberts - KK4ECR <kk4ecr@...> wrote:

      Did you try to run the Dongle off of a POWERED USB Hub?  That might make a difference.

      73,

      Scott Roberts - KK4ECR
      (904) 759-7812

      Sent by Scott Roberts from my iPad

      --
      Roy Jackson KW4G
      Naples, Florida USA

    • vk4tux
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2013
        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Roy Jackson <kw4g10@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for your reply, Adrian. I'm really sorry to hear that, as it's why I
        > bought the Pi in the first place. I could swear I heard people on D-Star
        > say they are running a dongle and Pi.

        When They say that they refer too the dvap-dongle. the dvap demands much less cpu than the dvdongle due to no ambe processing. Required.

        I think using the Rpi to network access a DV Dongle on another machine will be as good as it gets.

        Adrian ... vk4tux
      • Roy Jackson
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 6, 2013
          OK, Adrian, thanks again. I guess when you said the Rpi doesn't have enough horsepower to run a dongle, some people took that to mean not enough electrical power. Running the dongle networked from another computer is beyond my pay scale  Thanks for you helo and 73.

          Roy KW4G