RE: [DVDongle] Re: Timeout connecting to name server

  • kevinkd7dfv
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 26, 2013
      When that problem occurred to me, it was my firewall not letting the port through. Turn off your firewall and test the software. Then configure your firewall to allow the port.

      Kevin
      KD7DFV

      On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM, aa4rc wrote:

         Hi Tom.  I looked through the logs and see no attempt to contact the name/auth server from your callsign.  You might try power cycling your internet modem/router to see if that makes a difference.

      As for your complaint about the application, make sure that you have not changed your default system font to be larger than standard.  That will mess up the display.

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aj4xm"  wrote:

      > I get the above message in DVTool command window followed by "Gateway list unavailable from name sever" which would be expected I guess if it timed out and never got it.
      >
      > How do I control or set the timing?
      >
      > This is using boot firmware 1.04 and app firmware 1.11.
      > It sets up on COM9.
      > Using the 2.0beta5
      >
      > Also the screen is very poorly laid out on my monitor. Labels and Dialog boxes and Buttons are poorly sized and not entirely readable. This is on a 30" 2560 x 1600 pixel display. It would appear that things are not dynamically sized. The older version of DVTool appeared visually OK but did not work so I went to the later version to try it.
      >
      > Any suggestions?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Tom
      > AJ4XM

    • aj4xm
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 26, 2013
        OK stopping the firewall from loading did the trick. Turning it off did not really turn it off, I had already tried that. I can probably look for what port was accessed but if someone knows that would make it easier to configure.
        Now I can connect to Ref's and GW's apparently OK. Did not talk to anybody or hear anybody yet but it looks like it is working so i will play with it some more.

        Connecting raises a few more questions which i will post in new thread.

        Thanks Robin and all.

        Tom
        AJ4XM

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, KD7DFV@... wrote:

        > When that problem occurred to me, it was my firewall not letting the
        > port through. Turn off your firewall and test the software. Then
        > configure your firewall to allow the port.
        >
        > Kevin
        > KD7DFV
        >
        > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM, aa4rc wrote:
        >
        > Hi Tom. I looked through the logs and see no attempt to contact the
        > name/auth server from your callsign. You might try power cycling your
        > internet modem/router to see if that makes a difference.
        >
        > As for your complaint about the application, make sure that you have not
        > changed your default system font to be larger than standard. That will
        > mess up the display.

        > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
        > <javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('DVDongle@yahoogroups.com')>
        > , "aj4xm" wrote:
        > >
        > > I get the above message in DVTool command window followed by "Gateway
        > > list unavailable from name sever" which would be expected I guess if
        > > it timed out and never got it.
        > > How do I control or set the timing?
        > > This is using boot firmware 1.04 and app firmware 1.11. It sets up on
        > > COM9. Using the 2.0beta5
        > > Also the screen is very poorly laid out on my monitor. Labels and
        > > Dialog boxes and Buttons are poorly sized and not entirely readable.
        > > This is on a 30" 2560 x 1600 pixel display. It would appear that
        > > things are not dynamically sized. The older version of DVTool appeared
        > > visually OK but did not work so I went to the later version to try it.
        > > Any suggestions?
        > > Thanks,
        > > Tom AJ4XM
        >

        > <javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('DVDongle@yahoogroups.com')>
        >
        > <javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com')>

      • f4dkf
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 27, 2013

          73's a tous , je n'arrive pas a faire fonctionné mon dv dongle , il ne décode pas le sons , j'ai un retour sur le casque , mais s'est inaudible ,es que quelqu'un peut m'aider ?

          Of 73 has all, I do not arrive my dv dongle has to make worked, he(it) does not decode sounds, I have a return on the helmet(headphones), but is inaudible, are that somebody can help me?

          73's f4dkf op serge

          > Message du 26/02/13 à 23h36
          > De : KD7DFV@...
          > A : dvdongle@yahoogroups.com
          > Copie à :
          > Objet : RE: [DVDongle] Re: Timeout connecting to name server

          When that problem occurred to me, it was my firewall not letting the port through. Turn off your firewall and test the software. Then configure your firewall to allow the port.

          Kevin

          KD7DFV

          On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM, aa4rc wrote:

             Hi Tom.  I looked through the logs and see no attempt to contact the name/auth server from your callsign.  You might try power cycling your internet modem/router to see if that makes a difference.

          As for your complaint about the application, make sure that you have not changed your default system font to be larger than standard.  That will mess up the display.

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aj4xm"  wrote:

          > I get the above message in DVTool command window followed by "Gateway list unavailable from name sever" which would be expected I guess if it timed out and never got it.

          > How do I control or set the timing?

          > This is using boot firmware 1.04 and app firmware 1.11.

          > It sets up on COM9.

          > Using the 2.0beta5

          > Also the screen is very poorly laid out on my monitor. Labels and Dialog boxes and Buttons are poorly sized and not entirely readable. This is on a 30" 2560 x 1600 pixel display. It would appear that things are not dynamically sized. The older version of DVTool appeared visually OK but did not work so I went to the later version to try it.

          > Any suggestions?

          > Thanks,

          > Tom

          > AJ4XM

          Qu'y a-t-il ce soir à la télé ? D'un coup d'œil, visualisez le programme sur Voila.fr
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 27, 2013
            Bonjour Serge.

            Please download the latest beta of DVTool at:
            http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe

            That should work much better for you and has many more features.

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, f4dkf@... wrote:

            > 73's a tous , je n'arrive pas a faire fonctionné mon dv dongle , il ne décode pas le sons , j'ai un retour sur le casque , mais s'est inaudible ,es que quelqu'un peut m'aider ?
            >
            > Of 73 has all, I do not arrive my dv dongle has to make worked, he(it) does not decode sounds, I have a return on the helmet(headphones), but is inaudible, are that somebody can help me?
            >
            > 73's f4dkf op serge
            >

            > > Message du 26/02/13 à 23h36
            > > De : KD7DFV@...
            > > A : dvdongle@yahoogroups.com
            > > Copie à :
            > > Objet : RE: [DVDongle] Re: Timeout connecting to name server
            > >
            > >   >
            > When that problem occurred to me, it was my firewall not letting the port through. Turn off your firewall and test the software. Then configure your firewall to allow the port.
            > > KevinKD7DFV
            > >
            > > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM, aa4rc wrote:
            > >    Hi Tom.  I looked through the logs and see no attempt to contact the name/auth server from your callsign.  You might try power cycling your internet modem/router to see if that makes a difference.
            > > As for your complaint about the application, make sure that you have not changed your default system font to be larger than standard.  That will mess up the display.
            > > 73, Robin AA4RC
            > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aj4xm"  wrote: > > I get the above message in DVTool command window followed by "Gateway list unavailable from name sever" which would be expected I guess if it timed out and never got it. > > How do I control or set the timing? > > This is using boot firmware 1.04 and app firmware 1.11. > It sets up on COM9. > Using the 2.0beta5 > > Also the screen is very poorly laid out on my monitor. Labels and Dialog boxes and Buttons are poorly sized and not entirely readable. This is on a 30" 2560 x 1600 pixel display. It would appear that things are not dynamically sized. The older version of DVTool appeared visually OK but did not work so I went to the later version to try it. > > Any suggestions? > > Thanks, > > Tom > AJ4XM >

            > Qu'y a-t-il ce soir à la télé ? D'un coup d'Å"il, visualisez le programme sur Voila.fr http://tv.voila.fr/programmes/chaines-tnt/ce-soir.html

          • f4dkf
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 27, 2013

              Of 73 and thank you very much