not work with OS 10.8.2

  • ke4qdc
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2013
      well I tried to download and I guess the drivers went ok but never got dvtool to see and open the dvdongle. Message can't find some file ending in mac
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 15, 2013
        Download and run http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta5-mac.dmg

        That should work much better for you.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "ke4qdc" <ke4qdc@...> wrote:

        > well I tried to download and I guess the drivers went ok but never got dvtool to see and open the dvdongle. Message can't find some file ending in mac

      • dr_larry_s_anderson
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 15, 2013
          Derwin--

          I have my DVDongle working on my MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion. I had the same error message as you, initially; however, I did some online research and found that my best solution was using the "beta5" release of DVTool.

          Works like a champ now.

          I'm glad to work with you to make this operational, if you'd like.

          And, if you prefer either iChat or Google+ Hangout, I can meet you there and go through the steps, if you'd like. (If you use iChat, we can do screen sharing, as well.)

          --Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN
          Tupelo, MS 38801 (birthplace of Elvis!!)

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

            > Download and run http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta5-mac.dmg
            >
            > That should work much better for you.

            > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "ke4qdc" <ke4qdc@> wrote:
            > >
            > > well I tried to download and I guess the drivers went ok but never got dvtool to see and open the dvdongle. Message can't find some file ending in mac

            that worked much better. The dongle is doing great on both my laptops of windows and mac variety. Now if I can get my dvapdongle straighten out I will be one happy camper. Thanks Robin
          • ke4qdc
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 17, 2013
              --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "dr_larry_s_anderson" <wb5ein@...> wrote:

              > Derwin--
              >
              > I have my DVDongle working on my MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion. I had the same error message as you, initially; however, I did some online research and found that my best solution was using the "beta5" release of DVTool.
              >
              > Works like a champ now.
              >
              > I'm glad to work with you to make this operational, if you'd like.
              >
              > And, if you prefer either iChat or Google+ Hangout, I can meet you there and go through the steps, if you'd like. (If you use iChat, we can do screen sharing, as well.)
              >
              > --Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN
              > Tupelo, MS 38801 (birthplace of Elvis!!)
              >
              > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "ke4qdc" <ke4qdc@> wrote:
              > >
              > > well I tried to download and I guess the drivers went ok but never got dvtool to see and open the dvdongle. Message can't find some file ending in mac

              Thanks to you as well Larry for confirming it will work on mountain lion and the wonderful offer to help. I got the beta 5 and its working great with the apple head phones as well no complaints.

              73
              KE4QDC
              Ferrell