Fwd: D-STAR Live Video Broadcast by W5KUB.COM, Saturday, 12/29, 10 am - 4 pm CST (1500 - 2100 UTC)

  • Mark Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 123 KB

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Ray Novak <RayNovak@...>
    Sent: Fri, Dec 14, 2012 7:39 pm
    Subject: D-STAR Live
    Mark your calendars and be an active participant!!!!  Also, please share this with anyone you know who is either D-STAR curious or D-STAR interested.

    73,

    Ray Novak, N9JA
    Division Manager – Amateur and Receiver Products
    Tel: 425.454.8155
    http://www.icomamerica.com/

    logo-icom-80x40
    We are Icom.
    Innovative People.
    Great Solutions.

    December 17, 2012
    In a decade, Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio, AKA D-STAR, went from an experiment to a serious Amateur Radio mode used by thousands of Amateur Radio Enthusiasts.
    But with raising a pre-teen adolescent comes challenges to life as we know it.
    The obsessions, tantrums, rumors and the emotional outbursts; "you just don’t understand me!" are commonly heard in discussions of the JARL Protocol. Parental memories, you got to love them!
    With a growth rate of 2,500 new users per month, there are many questions that arise from those who are generally curious about D-STAR, as well as those who are new users.
    One of the most asked questions heard; "where can I learn more about D-STAR?"

    presents a special live video broadcast
    "D-STAR Live"
    December 29, 2012
    10:00 AM until 4:00PM Central time
    (1500 until 2100 UTC)
    Presentations by:
    Ray Novak, N9JA Icom America
    John Davis, WB4QDX GA D-STAR/www.dstarinfo.com
    Ed Woodrick, WA4YIH GA D-STAR/www.dstarinfo.com
    Robin Cutshaw, AA4RC Internet Labs
    Live chatroom host: Tom Medlin, W5KUB
    Check out W5KUB.com for details on the show.