Re: Dvdongle on lInux

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2012
      Hi Tim. Some distributions of Linux do not give you permission to access a USB device as a regular user. Try running DVTool as the root user to see if that is the problem on your system.

      Here's some info from the readme file (from DVAPTool which also works for DVTool):

      Be sure to remove the modemmanager package on Ubuntu (and reboot):

      sudo apt-get purge modemmanager

      If you are running Ubuntu 64-bit, install the 32-bit libraries:

      sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

      If you click Open and the device cannot be opened on Ubuntu, add
      your user account to the "dialout" group:

      sudo usermod -a -G dialout $USER