Re: Thoughts on the DV-Dongle and it's associative software

  • n3gwg
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 19 8:52 PM

      Indeed, my hopes are similar as well of learning as much as I can and proffering up the most profitable assistance I can to others.

      In precedence to commenting on the remainder of your epistle, I want to start off by saying that I have rather great respect for Robin and for Moe and the rest of their team working on their products. However, meaning to express no level of derisiveness towards Robin or Moe, I do feel that having to search and hunt for online documentation when I have just purchased a product is a bit unreasonable. That said, I did eventually get it up and running and it works reasonably (under Windows 7) for now, though I am intent upon making it work as well under Linux and eventually MacOS.

      I have no problem with the documentation not being in print format so as to save on product costs and shipping costs, but the inclusion of a DVD (weighing what, one ounce?) would have made it much easier. That said, I shall download, print, and read all of what you pointed out.

      Make no mistake, thank you for the link.

      With respect to being desirous of reading the full compliment of my commentary due to its ostensible treatise like length and form, that it up to you and I am certainly by no means offended because you are short on time to do so. Certainly, I understand making the most profitable use of your time that you feel you can.

      However, whilst some installments of my comments were intended to depict the anomalous manner in which I felt the DV-Dongle behaved in certain circumstances, I also spent some time discussing some features and improvements that you might find interesting, thus, I do hope you find time to read it eventually as it may prove enlightening to you.

      Thank you again for your insights.

      V/R and 73,

      Stuart, N3GWG