Re: Your thoughts on DV Dongle

  • radiodog1234
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 19, 2012
      Thanks for your help. My computer has 4 USB 1.0 ports and one 2.0.

      Good DX this weekend. I will be on Grand Cayman Island, but unfortunately I don't have a license to operate there. I do operate 2m/440 from out at sea. It is not uncommon to work stations 100+ miles away with 5 watts while standing on the top deck.

      73

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "kc4mts" <kc4mts@...> wrote:

      > I have JOTA going on this weekend (scout Jamboree On The Air) but after Sunday, I should be able to check your request out on an old Toshiba 2545 that runs a micro version of XP. It has a 1.0 USB port and 64 meg of ram. I would NOT expect it to work, but who knows....
      > Robin might have some experience with using it with 1.0 but at this stage of the game it is pretty old technology. One good point is that the program is written in Java so it should work with out needing library files from Dot Net. I will check it out and get back with you.
      >
      > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "radiodog1234" <radiodog1234@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Thanks Alan,
      > > You information is very helpful.
      > > Perhaps you can tell me if the DV Dongle will work when connected to a USB 1.0 port rather than a 2.0 port?

    • M0dop
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 19, 2012
        I am running mine on a old hp lap top it only has usb 1:0 and works fine on xp

        Sent from Samsung Mobile

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 19, 2012
          Thanks for the information. My Dongle is on order. Am looking forward to joing the D-Star folks.