Re: [DVDongle] suggestion

  • Andrew Thall
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2012
      The DOS box wasn't the problem -- the other box was my concern. Thanks for the reply.

      On Sep 17, 2012, at 12:41, Dave Wickert <dwickert@...> wrote:

      FYI. If you go to the DOS box and right-click on the top border, set properties and change the font & number of rows. The system will tell you that it cannot make changes and then it does -- you end up with a DOS box that is much more readable -- I typically set mine for the largest font possible and 40 rows -- fills up just about the whole screen for me. Most of the info in the dialog boxes also come up in the DOS box as well.

      Hope that helps.

      _-_-_ Dave, AE7TD (AE7TD@...)

      Dave Wickert

      To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
      From: thall@...
      Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 02:05:53 +0000
      Subject: [DVDongle] suggestion

      It would be nice if one could adjust the size of the dtools box to make things easier to read.
      Andy, K2OO

    • Dave Wickert
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 17, 2012
        I agree, but if you take a look at the DOS box, it has a lot of the similar information.

        What I have found is that other than making an initial connection, I like working with the DOS box to keep track of things. I resize the DOS box with big fonts and more lines. It contains most of the QSO information such as who is currently communicating from where and what their info is, lists of users from reflectors, etc.

        I uploaded a screen shot of my laptop with the expanded DOS box. I think it is easier to keep track of things.
        (then click on "View original" to see the full size)

        73

        _-_-_ Dave, AE7TD (AE7TD@...)

        Dave Wickert

        To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com