DVTool and Dongle

  • Joel
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 15, 2012
      OK I reinstalled DVTool 2.0 beta 5 in ubuntu 12.04 now I get the terminal coming up then disappears. Now I have to figure out what I am doing wrong. Can someone please help?

      73's
      K0ATM
      Joel
    • Edmonton Fire Radio
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 15, 2012
        Joel,

        I had the same problem until I grabbed the copy of DVTool for Linux from here:

        http://opendstar.org/tools/

        Direct download link - http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta5-linux.tgz

        Not sure what the issue was but as soon as I extracted the files to the DVTool folder in my home directory, everything worked out as it was supposed to.

        Jeff VE6EFR

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 16, 2012
          I tried that it did not work. Terminal still comes up and disappears.

          Joel

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 16, 2012
            Do you have both an audio input and audio output device plugged in?

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Joel" <k0atm@...> wrote:

            > I tried that it did not work. Terminal still comes up and disappears.
            >
            > Joel
            >
            > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Edmonton Fire Radio <edmontonfireradio@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Joel,
            > >
            > > I had the same problem until I grabbed the copy of DVTool for Linux from
            > > here:
            > >
            > > http://opendstar.org/tools/
            > > <http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta5-mac.dmg>
            > >
            > > Direct download link - http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta5-linux.tgz
            > >

            > > Not sure what the issue was but as soon as I extracted the files to the
            > > DVTool folder in my home directory, everything worked out as it was
            > > supposed to.
            > >
            > > Jeff VE6EFR
            > >

            > > On 12-06-15 11:08 AM, Joel wrote:
            > > >
            > > > OK I reinstalled DVTool 2.0 beta 5 in ubuntu 12.04 now I get the
            > > > terminal coming up then disappears. Now I have to figure out what I am
            > > > doing wrong. Can someone please help?
            > > >
            > > > 73's
            > > > K0ATM
            > > > Joel

          • Joel
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 17, 2012
              I tried that and still it did not work. The terminal keeps appearing and disappearing. I have done what Robin told me with no success.

              73'

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 17, 2012
                Hi Joel. I didn't see a response to my last reply.