Re: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and DV Dongle problem

  • Joel
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 13, 2012
      Robin I tryed that and still not working.

      73's
      K0ATM Joel

      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 13, 2012
        Hi Joel. Have you removed the modemmanager and brltty packages?

        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 13, 2012
          No I have not Robin.

          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 14, 2012
            Yes Robin I removed them yesterday 6-13-2012 and still have the same problem. I am going to reinstall DVTool in case it got corrupted.

            73'
            K0ATM
            Joel

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

            > Hi Joel. Have you removed the modemmanager and brltty packages?

            > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Joel" <k0atm@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Robin I tryed that and still not working.
            > >
            > > 73's
            > > K0ATM Joel
            > >
            > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Jeff. Have you tried running as root (or with sudo)?
            > > >
            > > > 73,
            > > > Robin
            > > > AA4RC

          • Ian
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 14, 2012
              Hello,

              Use ldconfig /usr/local/lib if your libQtMultimedia.so.4 file is in that directory.

              libQtMultimedia.so.4 is "lost" to your DVTool.

              Or try LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/pathto/libQtMultimedia.so.4

              Cheers Ian..

              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 15, 2012
                Also, you can try:

                export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:.
                sudo ./DVTool

                This is all just temporary to see if it is a permissions issue. If that works, you can just add yourself to the dialout group and not have to go through the above steps.

                --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <jedscoot@...> wrote:

                > Hello,
                >
                > Use ldconfig /usr/local/lib if your libQtMultimedia.so.4 file is in that directory.
                >
                > libQtMultimedia.so.4 is "lost" to your DVTool.
                >
                > Or try LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/pathto/libQtMultimedia.so.4
                >
                > Cheers Ian..
                > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Edmonton Fire Radio <edmontonfireradio@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I think we may be getting somewhere. I did as you suggested and got the
                > > following error message:
                > >
                > > jeff@jeff-Ubuntu:~/DVTool$ sudo ./DVTool
                > > ./DVTool: error while loading shared libraries: libQtMultimedia.so.4:
                > > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
                > >
                > > I then did a dir to see just what was in the directory and got the
                > > following list:
                > >
                > > jeff@jeff-Ubuntu:~/DVTool$ dir
                > > DVTool libQtGui.so.4 libQtNetwork.so
                > > DVTool.sh libQtGui.so.4.7 libQtNetwork.so.4
                > > libQtCore.so libQtGui.so.4.7.4 libQtNetwork.so.4.7
                > > libQtCore.so.4 libQtMultimedia.so libQtNetwork.so.4.7.4
                > > libQtCore.so.4.7 libQtMultimedia.so.4 Test.qpalette
                > > libQtCore.so.4.7.4 libQtMultimedia.so.4.7
                > > libQtGui.so libQtMultimedia.so.4.7.4
                > >
                > > Does this indicate another problem may be causing the issue?
                > >

                > > On 12-06-03 01:37 PM, aa4rc wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Yes, open a terminal window and "cd" to the folder where you have
                > > > DVTool. Then type "sudo ./DVTool" (without the quotes).
                > > >
                > > > If that works, there is a way to tell Ubuntu to make the DV Dongle
                > > > owned by you so you won't have to do that again.
                > > >
                > > > 73,
                > > > Robin
                > > > AA4RC
                > > >
                > > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com <mailto:DVDongle%40yahoogroups.com>,

                > > > <mailto:DVDongle%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:DVDongle%40yahoogroups.com>,

              • Joel
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 17, 2012
                  Yes I did Robin and that did not work.

                  73's
                  K0ATM
                  Joel

                  --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Joel. Have you removed the modemmanager and brltty packages?

                  > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Joel" <k0atm@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Robin I tryed that and still not working.
                  > >
                  > > 73's
                  > > K0ATM Joel
                  > >
                  > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi Jeff. Have you tried running as root (or with sudo)?
                  > > >
                  > > > 73,
                  > > > Robin
                  > > > AA4RC

                • bharathi prasad
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 20, 2012
                    Dear Robin,
                    when i am using dv dongie on my laptop, yesterday my entrie laptop software crashed. i think again i have to reloaded it the software it seems.now my laptop is not working . how to reload it.how to download the software.
                    it was you and joe helped me during dayton convention for loading the dv dongie software. in my laptop. pse helpme again-if i want to download the software give me step by step wise because i am not technical  woman hi
                    best regards
                    bharathi
                    Chief Co ordinator,
                    National Institute of Amateur Radio,
                    1284, sector 12, Type IV special QTRS,
                    R.K .Puram , New Delhi.22
                    bharathipd@...

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 20, 2012
                      Hi Bharathi. It was definitely a pleasure speaking with you at Dayton. I look forward to hearing the first D-STAR repeater in India.

                      1) while your laptop is connected to the internet, plug in the DV Dongle and let Windows load the drivers for the USB interface.

                      2) download http://opendstar.org/tools/DVToolInstaller-2.0beta5.exe and run it to install the software.

                      Let me know if you have issues/questions...